Saturday, May 13, 2006

Mother

I miss my mother SO much right now. Tomorrow being Mother's Day & with all these changes happening in my life, I hear Mama's voice in my head all the time, telling me how to deal with everything:

- On handling the TW thing-

"Girl, gone on ahead and call that boy and get it over with. You 'bout to make me nervous with all this silliness!"

"If you don't call him, I will."

-On my housekeeping-

"Don't forget to put a little bleach in that dishwater."

"If you fold your sheets in half, it don't take as long to iron them."

-On work-

"When you're at work, leave your life at home. When you get home, leave your work at the office. Don't nobody at work want to hear about your man, and nobody at home wants to hear about your boss."

-On taking a chance-

"It's all right to be afraid to do something new. Do it it you want, don't if you don't. As long as you never have to say you WISH you hadda done it."

Wow. Mama's still right here with me.
Happy Mother's Day, Tootsie!

--Free


Tags: , ,

5 comments:

  1. yeah, moms rock. especially since i am one *wink*. but seriously, my mom is awesome, love her to pieces...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indigosoul You're so right: Moms really do rock. I bet your kids feel the same way about you! I told my cousin (a mom) that one day doesn't seem like enough - you guys deserve a whole week! Here's hoping you enjoy your day - maybe get pampered a little, huh?

    Peace

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes,we hear those words of advice all the time.I don't get along too well with my mom-but I still take a lot of her advice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad that on this day you are remembering all the good your mom taught you. She sounds like she gave great advice! Remember and celebrate her, knowing she is always with you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're not alone with the mommy-missing, Free! I too am a member of that "club."

    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete


Featured Post

Shalimar (the fragrance) Has a Brother & I Love Him

Shalimar perfume was once my  scent. Not just the perfume, but even the EDT and the lotions smelled amazing on my body. Shalimar, my sweet S...