Monday, May 08, 2006

Who Sang...

Whoever sang the song "For the Love of Money" (or was it just "Money, money, money"?) knew what they were singing about.

Today is one of those days where I ask myself what is it about money that makes people stupid. Without naming names, someone I spent a LOT of my life on, made sacrifices for -- I'm talking missing out on social and selfish wants -- had the nerve to itemize a fucking bill for me. On top of that -- the bill isn't even completely accurate. C'mon, if you're gonna give someone a bill, don't be "rounding" the numbers off. Itemizing means i-tem-izing, not vaguely rounding things up...

Anyway - I'm not gonna rest my mind on the subject. I'm moving past the nonsense.

I am curious about a couple of other songs tho. For some reason, I've had miscellaneous tunes floating thru my head. Could be the heat (107 a few minutes ago!), or I could be giddy that my bro gave me another week to be ready to hit the office ("I'm the boss, who's gonna argue?") Love it.

Does anyone remember the words to an gospel song called "Take Me Back"? and another one called "The Blood"? Haven't been able to find the lyrics online & it's driving me crazyier than this heat...

I was thinking of the gospel songs because of some scenes I'm getting ready to write for the manuscript. Never fails that my mind goes blankest just when I need some info. If I'm in the middle of something else, all the trivia in the world falls into my brain. (Once, when I was taking a practice test for the U.S. Customs Brokers exam, I remembered every last word to the song "Carwash." Ain't that some mess???)

Anyway, if anyone has those lyrics floating around, please (or as James Brown would say, "Please, please, PLEEEEASE!") help me out!

Free

7 comments:

  1. Am hearing a little tune in my head-take me back,take me back dear lord,to the place where I yada yada.Lol,I know am not much help

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Free!! Not good at gospel tunes, sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  3. For the love of money - Bone Thugs N Harmony

    For the Love of Money - The Mighty Mighty O'Jays

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennaynay - Bone Thugs N Harmony, huh? I HAVE to check this out. The O'Jays (mighty indeed!) are the ones I was thinking of. LOVE that song.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Supa Girl - I used to know all the gospel songs. Of course, the choir director was always hoping I'd just move my lips... haha. I really should get to a church every now and then...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Abeni That's the one. (I knew my kid was keeping up on her chu'ch!)

    The words started coming back the minute I read your comment. LOVED, loved, loved that song. That one & "Oh Happy Day." I think that was my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Take me Back" by Andre Crouch:

    (Chorus)
    Take me back, take me back dear Lord
    To the place where I first believed you.
    Take me back, take me back dear Lord where I
    first believed.

    (Verse)
    I feel that I'm so far from you Lord
    But still I hear you calling me
    Those simple things that I once knew,
    The memories are drawing me.
    I must confess, Lord I've been blessed
    But yet my soul's not satisfied.
    Renew my faith, restore my joy
    And dry my weaping eyes.

    (Repeat Chorus)

    (Bridge)
    I tried so hard
    To make it all alone
    I need your help
    Just to make it home.

    (Repeat Chorus)

    ReplyDelete


Featured Post

Shalimar (the fragrance) Has a Brother & I Love Him

Shalimar perfume was once my  scent. Not just the perfume, but even the EDT and the lotions smelled amazing on my body. Shalimar, my sweet S...