Translate this blog....

Thursday, January 15, 2009

The End Is...Close???

I was raised inthe "Holiness" church (yes, people called us "Holy Rollers!"). I believe that the Holy Bible is the Word of God. And right now, I'm beginning to believe that we are living in the last days and times spoken of in the Bible.

The Bible talks about "wars and rumors of wars," and the newspapers talk of wars and rumors of wars. The Bible talks of people being "without love, unforgiving, slanderous, without self-control, brutal, not lovers of the good," and we can look at the world around us and see the evidence more and more everyday. In Matthew, we learn that one of the signs of the nearing endtimes will be famines - just like in all of history, but more so. We read in the news about millions of starving people. We are told that knowledge will increase. Everyday, the scientists and wizards of business and technology come out with something new. As soon as one technology comes out, somehow it is being improved. The Bible tells us that the gospel will be spread all over the world. I don't even have to pull out my printed Bible to look up passages - I just pull up chapters and verses right on my PC.

*** and, yes, it's interesting that the famine link I used is from a "globalization" site***

I also believe that Israel plays a huge part of prophecy. What's going on in the Middle East right now? Well, what isn't going on there?  Israel is a part of God's heart and there are people who hate the nation.

So. I am sitting here, observing the turmoil in society, politics, the weather... And I'm thinking of something my mother used to say: "God is trying to talk to us." We're not listening.

And the biggest sign of all (at least, in the way I've always thought of it)? When people start cryinng out, "Peace" when there will be no peace.

I do believe we are living in the "end times" and I just pray for all of us.

Peace
--Free