Translate this blog....

Friday, July 24, 2009

Twitter Having A Fit. (Again)

I do love Twitter because I have met some amazing people and learned a lot of stuff. But, boy, is Twitter sometimes a mess.

First, I got suspended when they did a big spam clean-up. That took me a couple of weeks to recover from. Now, they are doing (apparently) another clean-up. I didn't get suspended this time (yet), but a bunch of my followers got unfollowed by me - and I didn't do it.

So, I spent most of this morning re-adding followers and trying to see who I missed. I myself lost about 180 followers overnight... Such a mess. And, yet, the spammers are still there!

I tried something different when I went through my lists of followers. Instead of just NOT following the spam-looking folk, I actually BLOCKED them. That way, they won't have access to fellow tweeters through my timeline. Might help. Might not.

Anyway, I'm still not done. Now I have to go through and see who I am following who's either not following me back or who I don't need to be following. Sheesh!

Otherwise, twitter-life is good. I have hooked up with a lot of people who are very encouraging when I'm going through a trial, and I get to have fun with them all when I'm on a silly mood.

Now that I have my PC back, I'm able to store and save a lot of stuff that I like to share on Twitter and the blogs. One of the things I have planned for this weekend is to bookmark the blogs of my Twitter pals and put them up on the Tracks blog.

I hate to admit it, but I don't get to visit as many blogs as I'd like. The same is true for keeping up with my tweet-pals. I'm up to over 1500 followers and I follow over 1700 folk, so I kind of have to rotate people to keep up with their tweets. That's one of the reasons I like Twitzap for tweeting. I can watch the timelines of up to 10 people. I usually have 5 that I keep up & I rotate the rest. It helps when I'm trying to keep in touch with everyone at least some of the time. (If anyone has suggestions for other apps to use, let me know! I've tried Tweetdeck & might use it again, but...)

On the homefront: today is Friday & Tim and I are still waiting to hear good news about the house. He is feeling very optimistic (me: so-so). I have to remember what Tim advises me of: thank God now for what He's already done. We've asked Him and He is already doing what He knows is best.

On the creative front: In case you all noticed, I haven't talked about writing in a long time. That's because I kind of wiped that slate clean when I re-committed my life to Christ. I have to re-think being a writer. Unless what I write is a help to other Christians, I have to give it up. Not that I wrote anything sleazy before, but some of my ideas and views were not of the Christian worldview. For instance, I cannot glorify sin. I feel like I need to use the creativity God gave me to be a blessing and not a hindrance to anyone. That's tough when you really think about it. For so long, I just wrote down the stories in my head, but my head wasn't fully in compliance with the Lord. So, now I have to get aligned. (I do have some story ideas, but I'm taking my time.)

On the weather front: Still gloomy! We had SUCH good weather for a few weeks... Hopefully, the coming week will be a little sunnier and warmer. It was so cold yesterday, my nose was runny - LOL!

On the spiritual front: I found my study Bible, which is a good thing because I have about 2 months worth of Bible study lessons saved in emails. Now that I have my PC back, I need to settle down and deal with them. My personal questions to study on have to do with witnessing to others and dealing with false doctrine coming from other believers. (I had several chats with one tweet-pal that really blew me away. He has some very different ideas about salvation...)

Anyway... I'm here & I'm blessed. Hope all of you are doing well!

P.S.: If anyone knows of a way that I can save Yahoo/AOL/Gmail emails to a hard drive (without copying/pasting), that would be a HUGE help to me. I have a bunch of grammar lessons and the Bible studies that I get via email. Please, please, please send your ideas!

Peace
--Free