Translate this blog....

Saturday, February 13, 2010

*smh* The Writing Life

I am back to working HARD on "Everything." Getting feedback from friends who have read excerpts, I feel so annoyed with myself.

As I was explaining to someone, my biggest problem with the trilogy ("Everything," "Enough," and "More") is that a lot of the story is my own. Of course, in the first draft of "Everything," the entire story was mine. Let me back up... The basis of the story was mine when I wrote the first draft. A youthful romance (partly fictional) and how it turned out (all fiction). After 3 years and a LOT of changes in my life, I've worked through at least 3 re-writes. The problem is, I let my real life color the story. I'm not sorry about that, but it just made the writing more difficult. 

Right now, I am trying to center myself back onto the story as a writer - and not as the young girl who lived parts of the story.

Looming over all the writing anxiety is the fear of rejection by agents. 

*SIGH*

Well. Time to stop whining about it and just... WRITE. That's what it's all about anyway, right? Just getting the story told. I'll worry about the agents when I have a finished manuscript for them to beat up! LOL

Peace
--Free      

P.S.: In case you are wondering, there was no point to this post. I'm just venting (and procrastinating)...