Translate this blog....

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Don't Call It a Comeback

What the hell. Call it what you want. I just feel way good with internet access restored.

It's been 3 weeks since I was able to post here. What a long time. So much happened that today is the first day my head isn't spinning just trying to keep up with things. Here are some of the thoughts I've had in the past few weeks:

  • Moving is a bitch. Doesn't matter if you're moving three miles or thousands of miles. You are forced into a sort of "spring-cleaning" frenzy.
  • I am a procrastinator. I have moved whole houses of stuff in less than 2 weeks for job moves. This time, it took me damn near a month to move stuff from one bedroom, one bathroom and a small storage space.
  • Somewhere along the way in the past 5 years, I became a pack-rat of the first order. I found stuff I'd forgotten I owned. I kept most of the found stuff.
  • Life never gives you one major change at a time; shit happens in piles (forgive that one).
  • Once I finally got most of my stuff moved, I was notified of the death of a former co-worker/cousin-in-law. Damn.
  • Death always catches you off guard - whether you expect it or not.
  • I am more of a neat-freak than I thought. I can be kind of a bitch about keeping things clean and in order.
  • With my Sarc condition, I need order. Without order, I can't find anything I need when I need it. Messiness depresses me.
  • Living in an apartment is way different than living in a house. There are people you don't know and love making noises you don't want to hear and doing things you don't want to think about.
  • Pro to apartment living: no shoveling, paying the handyman, worrying about anything but your own stuff. Another Pro: renters' insurance is probably the cheapest necessity I'm paying for.
  • Con to apartment living: it's not a house.
  • I miss my family even though they are just down the street. I really, really miss that little snotty, messy, loud-ass creature called D.J.:

  • I dig my BFF as a roomie, except when she gets into one of her deep-blue moods. I have trouble enough trying to keep myself from sinking into the deep. Plus Side: we just avoid each other during those times.
  • My cousin-in-law's death brought me to my knees in sadness and prayer and then more sadness, but it produced a gift. In contacting people to notify them of the tragedy, I strengthened ties with a "bestie" of almost 20 years. We had a girls'-only weekend during which I learned some important things.
  • I never was much of a drinker and can count the times I got deeply wasted. 
  • Friday night, I got so "deeply" wasted that the depth of the deepest ocean pales in comparison.
  • There is a reason I don't never drank much and I remembered why on Saturday afternoon.
  • My bestie and I have been great about not smoking - her for over three months and my last smoke over two months ago. Friday night we jumped off the wagon and stomped two fermented bottles of grapes. Oh, boy. I have to see both my docs within a couple weeks. ("CHANTIX, where are you???")
  • I love the Tempur-Pedic adjustable bed. I hate my own bed now. Really, I do.
  • When I do see the fam now, it gives me a very sweet and grateful feel way down in my soul. And when I walk in the door and yell, "Where's my Stinks?!" I get a big smile because of this:



I'm more blessed than I have a right to be.

Peace
--Free