Friday, March 15, 2013

Beautiful Discoveries

One thing I absolutely LOVE about the Google Plus community is the sharing. And now I am going to share with you some new music and art I was introduced to this morning. Hope you like it.

+Susan Lewis brightened up my entire morning when she posted this:

Sayaka Ganz @ sayakaganz.com
You know I just had to go over and check out the artist's site. Wow. Fell in love with almost every single thing there... Since I can't afford the pieces, I can show support by sending you over there.

Then my G+ Sophie B. Hawkins friend (listen to her biggest hit and the light-bulb will go off) +David Renaud shared music by a group that I have now also fallen in love with. I like the song that David shared (Fisherman's Blues), but I adore this one. Had YouTube worn out with it while I did my step-board workout.



Last, but never least, is not new to me, but I was reminded by +Spencer Bryant's profile. If you watch a lot of retro TV - or are older than, say, 40, you probably know the show "Good Times." You might not know the artist behind the work ("Sugar Shack") shown during the credits.

Ernie Barnes 1938 - 2009 R.I.P.
We need to show support for artists and musicians who bless us with their talents. These guys all highlight what is beautiful about life.

Peace
--Free

3 comments:

Spencer Bryant said...

Well I’m honored that my profile image might have provoked some conversation. As anyone who knows me will tell you, music is my favorite drug. As to this painting, I am driven towards it by the goal achieved in it, as it relates to “Art being a reflection of life”.
What some may forget when it comes to this painting, was the original presentation on Marvin Gaye’s 1976 Album Cover for “I Want You”.
The artist Ernie Barnes was able to recreate the feel good times of the “Hole in the Wall” clubs many African Americans had been limited to in the late 50’s to early 60’s. None have ever been able to translate the feeling in art as well.
Glad you enjoyed it.

Trudy Conway said...

I did not know that about Gaye's album cover. Like I said, learn something all the time.

Thanks, Mr. Bryant.

Kevin Hsueh said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Total Pageviews

alex