Wednesday, March 16, 2016

**REVIEW** Grapefruit Essential Oil

I've had the chance to try other Majestic Pure products and am happy to say I've never yet been disappointed. This time, the sent me this Grapefruit Essential Oil to try out:




Grapefruit E.O. has so many benefits and uses that I'm going to list a bunch right off the bat before I even start this review.

  • Odor elimination
  • Household cleaning (added to water in spray bottle)
  • Treat dandruff
  • To deodorize hair (couple drops in water to spritz on hair)
  • To tighten and tone the skin
  • Antiseptic properties
  • Disinfectant
  • Antioxidant **
  • Dry mouth relief
  • Diuretic
  • Diet and energy (when added to water) Note that I never encourage people to ingest oils. DO your own research for that...
  • Mood lifting (first thing I did with mine was add to my diffuser!)
  • Some people add the oil to sugar to use in scrubs (or even in beverages...)
Of course, keep in mind that citrus oils can react to sunlight. Just be careful of your hair, skin and clothing. I always make sure to use a carrier oil, or lotion, or water when applying citrus oils to my skin or hair. Always.

Now that I've listed the uses and benefits, I have to give props to Majestic Pure for quality. I've used a lot of oils from a lot of different brands, but it wasn't until recently that I learned a way to test them for "purity". Another reviewer on Amazon (wish I'd noted their profile) advised checking oils labeled as "pure" this way: drop a bit on some paper and wait to see if there is an oily residue left behind. The theory is that a "pure" oil will dry completely. When an EO has already been diluted with carrier oils, you should see the oil staining left behind. I've been checking all my oils since then! LOL This one did pass that little test, by the way.

I was surprised at how pleasant the scent was with this one. While waiting for this one to arrive, I took the chance to do a "smell test" of some oils sold locally. I think that the grapefruit oil I sniffed had been enhanced because the scent was so strong that it out me off. 

Like I mentioned, I've tried four other products from Majestic Pure (three of them oils) and I've always been really happy with the quality and results. The quantity is always good for the price (and both are way superior to what I can hope to find locally), and the offer a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee for the full purchase price.

So far, I've used this in my diffuser and mixed in with some jojoba oil to apply to my scalp. I used it with another oil (I think it was either the jojoba or some coconut oil) on a cotton swab to rub on my feet after I filed my nails. In that case, I was thinking of the disinfectant properties. I swabbed under and around my toenails. I rubbed some of the carrier oil/Grapefruit E.O. to my feet, concentrating on the soles. It made my feet feel slightly refreshed. I put a drop of the oil (straight) into each of my gym shoes so that they won't funk up my gym bag! I can attest to the good results of that, let me tell you.

Because I do wear my hair natural, and because I don't wash it more than once every 6 or 7 days, I tried the trick of deodorizing my hair. That worked nicely, but I'll have to remember to do my water/oil spritz very light so as not to soak my hair. Another note to the deodorizing trick: I figured if it works for my hair, it would work for keeping my car smelling fresh. That worked so well, I went on a spritzing frenzy! I sprayed the car, the closet, the bathroom, and the curtains in my room. Now I know that adding a drop of the oil to bathroom trashcans is a nice hack.

Here's the thing: when you find all the ways you can use an E.O., you'll probably want to use it on a regular basis. The basic decision after that comes down to quality and price. Majestic Pure is tops in all this. 

Peace
--Free



** Interesting note about antioxidants:
 ORAC stands for Oxygen Radical Absorbance Capacity. It tells you the antioxidant capacity of a food item.  This was developed by the USDA researchers. For instance: Oranges = 750; Clove = 1,078,700. The ORAC for grapefruit =  22,600 ┬ÁTE/100g (Source)

DISCLOSURE:
In exchange for providing my fair and honest review, I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free or at a discount. Regardless, I only review products that I have personally used and can give an opinion of.


No comments:

Post a Comment


Featured Post

Shalimar (the fragrance) Has a Brother & I Love Him

Shalimar perfume was once my  scent. Not just the perfume, but even the EDT and the lotions smelled amazing on my body. Shalimar, my sweet S...