When I posted about getting settled in the apartment, a casual online friend asked if I was now back to working on the book(s).
Well, let's see...
This is my chair and desk.
|All. Those. Pieces. Yikes!|
As you can see, the chair is assembled - because it was a "Look Ma, no tools required" kind of thing. That desk... I broke down in tears of frustration just trying to identify all the parts and pieces.
Yeah, so, this is my current writing station:
|Makeshift desk & my busted computer|
At least I put on part of the un-assembled desk to good use.
When I said that I had gotten things in the apartment put together. I meant that I had managed to get myself to put things together enough so that I have somewhere to sit and sleep. For now, I am concentrating on recovering from the move. My energy was at rock-bottom levels for the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping that I'll be feeling better now that I've finally had my (overdue) infusion.
Not only do I still need the desk assembled, I have to hunt around for an affordable bedroom dresser. And there are still my unpacked boxes to deal with...
While I'm waiting for my energy to power back up, I have been checking out some great websites.
|"Wrote a song about it. Like t'hear it? Here it goes."|
In Living Color (David Alan Grier)
- Lifehacker is just fun. It's a nice resource (sometimes) for writers
- WonderHowTo is for when you wonder how to. See what I did there?
- This video/GIF just because it nausates and fascinates me.
- Unsplash for free photos. I actually just like looking at them, but you are free to use them.
- This is for when I need to let my brain just breathe. Good for when you feel overwhelmed and hyper.
- AlternativeTo is for when you are either broke or cheap and need an alternative to paid apps/programs. Maybe, like me you are both broke and cheap!
- Text Faces is just that. (ᵔᴥᵔ) See?
- Lifewire has the name that makes me think of Motley Crue, but a motto I like: Tech Untangled.
- CamelCamelCamel is for Amazon addicts (me!) who like to price track (me!)
- WhichBook helps you choose a book to read.
- Have not checked out Instaread yet. Not sure if it will make me happy or sad...
- So, GeoCron is an interactive history atlas.
So, I'm not back working on the writing projects yet. There is no procrastination involved though. Trust me, I can't wait to get back into my writing. When I do, you will hear my whoops of joy!