That is Lavanila, a natural and aluminum-free deodorant that I started using back in mid-May. As you know, I love vanilla anything so that is the scent I chose, but there are several types and fragrances to choose from. Before you do select a scent, check user reviews. I love the one I chose, but I did see some users/reviewers who did not like the grapefruit choice at all. I haven't tried that one so I can't chime in.
The reason I actually tried this deodorant is that I was getting tired of the crystal type I was using. With that one, I always had to dampen it before using. This one works just like any other cream stick deodorant. Just keep in mind that it is ONLY a deodorant, not an antiperspirant. But, boy, does it work overtime as a deodorant.
Although I wanted this particular one because I love vanilla scents, the fragrance with this isn't very strong. and that's just fine with me. I plan on trying some of the other natural deodorants so that I can do reviews, but I like this one so much that I will probably use it as my regular choice. Since it is natural, but works so well to control odor, I was interested in the ingredients:
- aloe barbadensis leaf juice (aloe juice, water/aqua)
- alpha-glucan oligosaccharide (sugar derived)
- carrageenan (seaweed derived)
- hydrastis canadensis (goldenseal) extract
- inulin (artichoke derived)
- loncera capifolium (honeysuckle) flower extract
- lycium barbarum fruit extract (goji berry)
- melaleuca alternifolia (tea tree) flower/leaf/stem extract
- propandeiol (corn derived)
- saccaromyces ferment
- sodium stearate (coconut derived)
- stearyl behenate (coconut derived)
- usnea barbata (lichen) ext
Here are the things I like most about the product:
- Goes on very, very smoothly (even better than "regular" stick deodorants).
- Does seem to condition.moisturize the skin (as product page states).
- Keeps the "funk" away - even on hot days, days at the gym, etc.
- I've personally had no skin problems from using it.
- Though mild, the scent is nice & not as acrid as those in store brands.
- Is lasting a long time. After 3 months daily use, I have at least another 3 months left.
Here are the things that I like least:
- Because of the moist texture (which is almost damp), I have to let it "set" for a moment after applying.
- Though I like that it conditions the skin, I'm not crazy about the initial damp feeling.
- I really wish it had some antiperspirant protection.
For those who care, apparently, this product is vegan (as are some of Lavnila's other items). As far as I can tell, Lavanila doesn't carry an antiperspirant. Dang it. I was surprised to find that this is the brand that produces the Lavanila scent I tried years ago (and loved, but forgot about). I just have to remember that the brand is Lavanila - not Lavanilla.
The brand also makes body butters and sun protection products. I ordered from Amazon, but if you go to the Lavanila site, you can sign up for product discounts. Be sure to check out their "Our Story" page.
I'm happy that I found the product and, like I said, I'll probably always use it now. However, I will be doing reviews on similar items.