Translate this blog....

Thursday, August 25, 2016

**RECIPE** Fat Bombs for Beginners

Fat bombs are SO good!!! The ones I learned to make tonight might be just what I need to get myself into ketosis. (I've been struggling with the coffee creamer habit a bit...)

First, let me say that this is not my recipe. There are a ton of recipes for fat bombs all over Pinterest and the keto sites, but this one was so easy that I was tossing my first batch into the freezer after about 15 minutes. I checked well before the suggested 30 minutes and they were 'set' enough for me to try one and bag the rest for later.

Some recipes I found sound great but got too complicated for me as a beginner. They wanted to talk about grass-fed this and special something or other that... The one I linked to up there was one I could work with right away. No need for trips to the store for special groceries. That ignorant acting lady said it best:

Image result for ain't got time for that meme

Two of the ingredients I used really worked my nerves, but my bombs still taste great. First, was a natural peanut butter I bought a few days ago. When I say this stuff is 'natural', I'm serious. The only way it could be any more natural is if they just bottled the peanuts with a mortar and pestle. All the oil was sitting on the top in the jar and the nut butter was stuck to the bottom like a solid concrete turd. I ended up pouring the entire thing out into a bowl so that I could try blending it without slopping oil all over the place. (By the way, a mortar and pestle would have come in handy at that point!)

Once I got the peanut butter into a semi-smooth state, the rest was easy. Of course, the only sweetener I have around (other than honey, which a temporary no-no) is some packets of Truvia, some raw sugar (another no-no for now), and some Skinny Girl stevia which I am kicking myself for buying just because it was on sale. All stevia is not created equal in taste, I can tell you that.

This is what my first fat bombs turned out looking like:

I'm gonna learn to add peanut butter to the middle
for a homemade "Reese's Cup" style

Not too thin or thick. Adding some almonds or cashews on top would be fun.

Yeah, I'm pretty pleased with this newbie effort. The bombs taste great (even a friend of ours agreed they were delish) and, now that I know what I'm doing, I will only make slight changes for the next batch. I'll definitely go heavier on the peanut butter (wish I could try almond or cashew butter), and I will add more cacao powder and cayenne. Also, topping the bombs with single almonds would be classy, don't you think?

I can't really taste that disgusting Stevia as much as I expected to. I only used around 15 drops anyway, but I think I can go lighter on it if I add more peanut butter. I don't mind a dark chocolate flavor, though.

By the way, I did cut down the recipe that was posted. Here is what I have for the full recipe & the halved version:

For those of you who are wondering about the reasoning behind using fat bombs for weight loss well, this is the quick and dirty that I found someone and stored in a file:
When in ketosis, the body burns stored fat for energy, which results in weight loss. Fat bombs provide a quick snack that enable people to keep up their energy.
Well, I start with the fat bombs tomorrow & I also will be giving up my beloved Almond Joy creamer for a minute (so pray for me!), but I'm excited for the results. Of course, I will be back to update you guys.

Peace
--Free


Confession:
When I tried my second fat bomb of the night, I added a dollop of peanut butter to the top. Talk about the yum yums!