I visited 3 sites and rated them based on how easy it was to navigate & use their website, what the customer service was like, prices (including Shipping/Handling), and overall value. Of course, nothing is perfect, so I looked for the biggest pros and cons, giving a possible of 5 ☺ 's. Here goes:
******Bath Bar ☺ ☺
(I sort of reviewed B.B. before in this post, so I will keep it short here cos you know I already love them.)
- The customer service will "Wow" you & owner is amazingly nice.
- Ability to customize your own scent.
- A LOT of scents to pick from & mix and match.
- Good range of products to choose (shampoo to body wash)
- Super-fast help as close as an email.
- Website very easy to navigate.
- Excellent S&H costs (even to Alaska).
- Not for the inexperienced. (Ask owner for help, please!)
- Fragrances not as close to an idea one might have.
******The Fragrance Shop ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺ ☺
- Huge selection of designer and "House" scents.
- They will replicate a fragrance from your sample. (Good for scent you can no longer find or buy.)
- Fragrances are "Pure perfume oil with no alcohol or fillers. Ever."
- The oil scents are long-lasting.
- Fragrances seriously as close to the originals as promised.
- Good range of products (including aftershave).
- Instant help via a "live-person" Chat system.
- Resources for understanding and selecting a fragrance.
- A "Fragrance Finder" resource.
- A Customer Review section.
- Excellent S&H costs.
- A Try-Before-You-Buy program.
- Top notch customer service.
- Awkward site design
- difficult to locate "Account" & "Log In" tabs
- "Wish List" almost hidden far down on product pages
******Luxury Aromas (aka Golden Ventures) ☺ ☺ ☺
- Nice selection of imitation fragrances'
- Oil-based product.
- Reasonable price for amount of product.
- Website easy to navigate.
- Fair S&H costs.
- Scents are pleasant but not as intense as expected for "oils."
- Not "hot" or "cold" in any aspect - just so-so.