I checked out this Joyal Beauty Timeless Skin Renewal Serum (aka: Royal Jelly) because I've been wanting to try something with bee propolis for a while now. I had heard about its natural antibiotic and anti-fungal properties. What I wasn't sure about was how this serum would work on my skin.
It has a slightly slick-ish texture (not slimy), and no real odor that I could detect. Because of this texture, you don't have to apply much since the serum sort of glides over the skin. Of course, that means that this 1-oz bottle will last me for a good long while. Nice.
So that you can see how moisturizing this can be, I washed my hands and let them dry without applying lotion. Notice the result of applying just a dab of the Royal Jelly and rubbing it across the back of my hand?
|Death to Ashy-ness!|
|This is just from a drop of the Jelly|
In the drier/colder climate, I tend to develop dry patches on my combo (dry/normal) type skin. When I used the Joyal Jelly, I used it underneath my regular moisturizer and foundation. After just a few days, I noticed most that my dry patches were evening out. I also noticed that my skin seemed more toned - but I don't remember if that happened in the first week or after week 2.
In AZ, which I never thought of as humid, I was sweating my makeup off like someone had sprayed water in my face. I ditched my moisturizer and just used the Royal Jelly under my foundation. Genius!
Like I said, I'm not sure at what point I noticed some firming and toning of my skin, but my family and friends (who I always recruit for help with reviews) did notice that my skin looked, as one of them put it, "more set". I didn't know what that meant until I asked (not so nicely) for an explanation. Apparently, even without makeup, my skin looked as if I had used some of my Garnier Blur. I was told that I didn't look as "soft" around the cheeks and jawline. A compliment, I guess? Hah.
Anyway, I'm continuing to use this product to see what my results will be like after another couple of weeks. So far, I like this one. The only suggestion I have for anyone who is going to try this: depending on your climate, continue to moisturize with your usual product also until your skin evens out. There are some astringent ingredients in the product.
Speaking of ingredients, Joyal's Timeless Skin Renewal Serum contains the following:
- Organic Herbal Infusion (Excellent base to provide natural herbal protein and minerals);
- Organic Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice (Aloe Vera) (Moisturizer,Wound healing and anti-inflammatory, Antioxidant);
- Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) (Control acne by reducing inflammation and decreasing oil; Tighten skin; Help de-puff or reduce under eye baggage; Tighten pores; Eliminate water loss; Treats sunburns; Helps ease symptoms of eczema and psoriasis);
- Methylsulfonylmethane (MSM)(Nutrient in superfood. Softening, Deeply hydrating and smoothing; Anti-inflammatory and skin-repairing effect, useful for inflammatory skin conditions such as eczema, acne and psoriasis);
- Organic Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba Oil)( Natural moisturizer);
- Mel (Honey) (Antibacterial,helps in fighting acne and pimples; skin cleanser; moisturizer; natural remedy to prevent wrinkles);
- Organic Resina Propoli (Propolis) (Natural antibiotic,Anti-inflammatory,Treat acne, eczema and skin disorders including shingles,Treat Skin cuts, burns, rashes, infections);
- Organic Centella Asiatica (Gotu Kola)(Antiviral, antibacterial, and anti-inflammatory properties; Treatment for skin conditions such as psoriasis, dermatitis, and minor burns; collagen-boosting, Diminish the appearance of stretch marks and keloid scars;Toning and tightening;
- Carbomer (Safe thickener);
- (2s)-2-Amino-5-guanidinopentanoic Acid (L-arginine: Heal damaged skin,Reduce symptoms of burns and rashes;
- Royal Jelly (Anti-inflammatory. Protection against skin damage due to sun exposure. Reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles and improves skin texture and firmness. Skin conditioning benefits, acting as a humectant to draw water to the surface of the skin from the environment to keep skin moist and conditioned);
- Melissa Officinalis (Herb antioxidant);
- Organic Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea)( Herb antioxidant);
- Ethylhexylglycerin (Skin-conditioning agent);
- Phenoxyethanol (Safe preservative )
Joyal Beauty Products are proudly manufactured in USA by our advanced FDA registered facility under strict GMP compliance. We are Natural Products Association alliance and only carefully choose vegan formulas, highest quality sustainable and biodegradable raw materials without animal testing. We adopt strict Quality Control Systems and every product passed the stability test. All of our products are paraben-free, alcohol-free, no artificial fragrance or dyes. Most of our products contain over 70% organic ingredients from certified source. Every Joyal Beauty product is guaranteed to meet or exceed the quality standards of similar product line of the leading national brands. If you are not completely satisfied, we will happily refund your money! 100% satisfaction guarantee!I sort of highlighted the part about the guarantee... You can visit Joyal Beauty at their site.
I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.