1. I read about Altovise Davis (Sammy Jr's widow) passing away. She was 65.
2. I got to wondering what "middle-age" is. Found out it is defined as being aged between 40 and 60 years. (So...I've been middle-aged for SEVEN damn years & didn't realize this???)
That all kind of depressed me until I realized (modestly, of course) that no one who meets me believes I am over 35. That helps a little on most days. But, damn - I'm considered middle-aged! And not just middle-aged, but almost 10 years in... Wowwwww.
So. The post is going to be about 5 things I absolutely want to acheive before I die and 5 things I'm happy I have already done. Then I'm going to tag a couple of folks that I haven't messed with in a looooooong time. (Just because the idea of playing tag - even online - sounds young and fun!) Here we go:
5 Things I Wanna Do Before Dying
(sounds like a Tupac song, huh?)
- Lounge on a boat in the middle of a beautiful lake on a beautiful day. (Doesn't have to be a big boat - shoot, it can be a raft!)
- Take a cruise. (I don't know why exactly. I've never learned to swim because I'm afraid of deep water. And of drowning.)
- Walk on a beach at sunset. (A real beach - not the sandy, litter-filled trench that is called Goose Lake here in Anchorage...)
- Spend a night on a screened-in porch, talking and listening to night sounds, drinking something warm and comforting.)
- Walk around Paris or Rome just people-watching.
5 Things I'm Glad I've Already Done
- Held a newborn baby, smelling their skin and watching those little movements they make.
- Spent long evenings with my mother, laughing and talking about her childhood.
- Made up with my father & had wonderful times with him before he passed away.
- Gotten dirty and dusty and played for hours with my cousins on both sides of the family.
- Had a grown-up slumber party with a bunch of girlfriends.
I'm going to tag Supa and Soulfull and Mz Newy... Hope they catch it; I been out of touch for a long while! Go get it, sistas"