Translate this blog....

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

**REVIEW** iArrow Tempered Glass Screen Protector (Galaxy S5)

This is the screen protector by iArrow -



It's got some good qualities so less look at the ones I liked right off:
  • Clear as, well, glass. It really could be invisible to the glance.
  • Unlike some other protectors, it didn't hamper the touch screen capability at all
  • Comes packaged really nicely so that it doesn't get all bent up in transit.
  • The price (currently $10.99) is incredible for a quality protector.
  • Comes with a double guarantee (in case you are as slow as I am).
Okay. It's a pretty cool screen protector, and I could not get over how clear it was. Plus, it's such a reasonable price.  However, I have one issue with it too.

Although the protector is super duper clear, that's only in the places where it went on smoothly. Normally, with a protector, you get the kit that contains a fiber cleaning cloth, maybe some sticky dust-removing tabs, and that little card-thingy to smooth out all the bubbles. Somehow I was missing the cloth so I had to use one of my own - it was not that great. Apparently. I ended up with a couple of dust bubbles that, because they were near the edge, left my protector with a couple of loose corners. 

Back to the best about this: the clarity. I swear that the phone screen looked better (in the places where the protector adhered) than when the phone was unboxed. And, while I am extremely careful with my cell phones (no drops or spills for me!), I do tend to slide them into purses and tuck them into my bras and computer bags where the screen can get scratched up. This seems like it would do the trick. If it stayed on. Unfortunately, either because I am stupid (could be), or I needed a better cleaning cloth, I ended up removing this.

To summarize: I do think that I was somewhat at fault for mis-applying the product. If you want a screen protector that will also leave you with a clear and beautiful screen, this is a great product at a really good price. It sure beats those cheaply made, flimsy protectors that I've used in the past. I've seen horrible quality protectors at local drugstores that cost as much as $12.

If you are like me and could really love this, but have any problems with it, there is a "Double Guarantee" - which means iArrow will not only refund your purchase price but also send you a replacement screen protector. (I got mine in exchange for this review, so I don't really feel right asking for a replacement. #dangmyconscience)

Peace
--Free

P.S.: I had to update this with a note about the excellent follow-up customer service from the actual co-founder. He wanted to check on my satisfaction with the product. That's pretty cool, right? To me, the people behind a product says a whole lot about whatever that product is. I have to add a star for this kind of attention.

DISCLOSURE

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.