Translate this blog....

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

**REVIEW** Pure Body Naturals Fractionated Coconut Oil

No, this isn't the first time I have reviewed a fractionated coconut oil, but I like doing reviews of similar products by different brands. Fractionated coconut oil is kind of a big thing right now because, I think, it's a very versatile product and comes in large enough sizes to last a while. This is why it's important to pick a fractionated oil that lives up to a certain standard. I have a few things that I want in this product: that it's fresh, that it's pure, and that the price is good. This one passed the test.


This is a 100% Pure Fractionated Coconut Oil by Pure Body Naturals.

Let's look at the whole 100% and "pure" thing. When I first discovered how much I like fractionated coconut oil, I kept an eye out for some whenever I was shopping around town. I won't mention names of the store, but I found some on the shelf at a local place. I can't remember what the exact price was, but it was about half the cost of this one for an 8-ounce bottle. The product was mostly hidden by the label but, when I got it home and tried it, I could tell that I had an inferior oil. For one thing, the oil was really cloudy - which made me doubt the purity. All the other good oils I've used have been crystal clear. It was the odor that let me know I couldn't trust the product. There was a slight "off" smell to it.

This oil by Pure Body is right up there with some of the best, but it is rather pricey. However, if you catch it when it's (or have Amazon Prime), it's the best in my opinion. There is no second-guessing the purity claim.

Of course, this one can be used as a carrier oil and in all the other ways that fractionated oils are being used for. I did try this one in a couple other ways and one of my favorite uses is as a hot oil wrap for my hands and feet. Just slather on the oil, wrap your hands and feet in some cling film, then wrap them in a warm (or even hot) wet towel and relax. This really works nice when you are a few days past a manicure or are getting ready to step out in some sandals. (And thank goodness it's just about time for sandals!)

I was recently gifted with a manicure and the promise of another one. I'm the kind of person who straightens up the hotel room before the maid comes. Before my next manicure, I'll do a hot oil treatment prior to the appointment. The oil is really good on dry cuticles.

The most popular way to use fractionated oil is as a carrier for other products. I am going to experiment with using this with my tea tree oil and my homemade fragrance mixes with Sweet Orange and Myrrh. I use the Myrrh on my hair and scalp, so I need a good carrier oil that won't interrupt with the scent.

The other important thing when buying any product is, of course, whether the brand stands behind the quality. Pure Body Naturals has a "no quibble" guarantee in place. I also like that they list their contact address on their site. Nice. I have used several Pure Body Natural products and they have always been quick to respond to questions, and they have responsive customer service people.

Peace
--Free

DISCLOSURE: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.