Translate this blog....

Friday, July 27, 2018

**REVIEW** Pure Rose Hydrosol (Rosewater) UPDATED with photos

**UPDATE**

After just a few weeks of using this, that psoriasis on my feet is almost all cleared up. I had had some awesome results in the past by using Manuka essential oil and a few other products. However, never before has anything just about cleared up the problem.

This is what my feet looked like before using the Rosewater:

INSERT

This is what they look like right now.
About 13 days after starting Rosewater


 some healing after other
treatments.

Now, I have to tell you that I did use a grater and a rasp on my feet last night and I applied more of the Rosewater for the AFTER photo. However, I have used graters before and they only took off the thickest scales but did nothing for the smaller scabs that lined the sides of my feet.

The Rosewater is healing the psoriasis instead of temporarily masking it.

People, I will be ordering more of this to use and don't want to be without it at this point.


As many essential oils and natural butters as I have used over the years, for some reason, I never picked up any Rose Hydrosol. Okay, I'll be honest. I never even heard the word "hydrosol" before.

When I went looking for a definition, the best one I found is this one from Rachel Marlowe:
Similar to a floral water but more potent, hydrosols contain the water-soluble constituents of a plant such as the volatile oils, and it can be used as a facial toner, the water component when mixing our clay masks, or in an aromatherapy diffuser. (source)
One of the things I learned is that the best flower waters are done with steam distillation. This Rose Hydrosol by Banyan Pure meets that criteria.



Most of us have heard of the benefits of rosewater. I used to make homemade rosewater to keep from letting gift flowers go to waste. I wasn't an expert or anything so I kept it simple and, actually, the process isn't too complicated. You can try it yourself. I've bought rosewater from the health food store I frequented in Anchorage. It was good stuff and, until now, I didn't know what a big difference the processing makes.

This one is done by steam distillation. Most common ones are created by mixing rose oil with water. Steam distillation is more meticulous and the end product retains the pure oil (in this case - organic) and all the benefits of that. By the way, this is a rosewater so the texture reflects that. You can apply to hair or skin without an oil residue.

Once you have a good rosewater, you can use it in different ways. Here are some of the benefits and uses that I have seen suggested over the years:

  • This link lists information and cites studies that show a benefit in affecting depression, use as an antimicrobial, and various skin treatments.
  • This is only one listing of the benefits of rosewater for damaged hair, aging skin, and more.
  • I've heard of mixing rosewater into lotions and creams for the face and neck. One interesting thing I will be trying is a mix of the rosewater with some glycerin to treat my hair. Rosewater is said to promote hair growth and retention.
  • Rosewater is a gift to natural hair chicks. The water is said to be cooling, hydrating, and moisturizing in addition to fighting dandruff. It's been said that rosewater promotes hair growth and - this one is big - reduces product buildup on the scalp.  (I will be doing a follow up once I've had a chance to use this on my own natural hair.)
  • My mother used to tell me about ladies spritzing their face, neck, bosom, and shoulders with rose water when the temps were high. In addition to helping them cool off, the fragrance was light and nice.
One of the other benefits I have heard of doesn't interest me. It's said that rosewater can be used to "lighten" or brighten the skin. Some people use a mixture of rosewater and lemon juice for the skin lightening. I'm just fine with all my protective melanin, thank you very much! I can see how some folks would want that benefit though and to each his or her own. If not for all over lightening, rosewater can be used (I've heard) for reducing under eye dark circles.




My main purpose for rosewater is as a fragrance (for me and the home) and for my hair. I have used rosewater as a toner when my skin was feeling a little dull. I tested this particular hydrosol this morning and can tell that a little goes a very long way. 

Before I do a sum up, let me mention something important. A lot of people have a habit of ingesting essential oils. I have never been okay with this unless an oil is clearly marked that it is a "food grade" product and safe to ingest. I have ingested homemade floral waters but only because I made them and knew every risk. Rosewater is a very popular one that people like to add to drink or add to foods. Please note that this particular rosewater is not marked for that use. There is even a warning on this one. Anything so heavily concentrated needs to used with at least a little common sense. This one is very concentrated. That's a good thing but needs to be used wisely.




To summarize, you should know that what I like most is how concentrated it is. I have some in an oil warmer and it's keeping a light fragrance in the air. Earlier, I tested a few drops in the humidifier and that was also very nice. By the way, the name of the rose used in this oil is Rosa Damascena.

Because this is so concentrated, a little goes so far that I have to watch myself. I have figured out that to use this as a toner, I need to put a drop in my palm and add a few drops of water before applying to my face. I can use it full strength (in small doses) on my neck and shoulders. I've used so many manufactured perfumes that I sometimes forget how lovely a simply floral water can be.

I have psoriasis and tonight I will be putting a little bit of the rosewater on my feet with some vitamin E. I usually use Manuka oil for that, but this smells so much nicer! This 2-ounce bottle should last me at least 2 months or more. Again, that's due to the high concentration.

I'll be back to update once I have used this for a few weeks more.

Peace
--Free





DISCLOSURE: In exchange for providing my fair and honest review, I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free or at a discount using. Regardless, I only review products that I have personally used and can give an opinion of.


FreeBeing on Social Media