Translate this blog....

Wednesday, July 18, 2018

**UPDATE** Intermittent Fasting Results

The intermittent fasting is still going well for me. Every time I do one of these updates, I seem to have found more resources that are helpful to me. I will include those links at the bottom of the post. First, though, it's time for the photos showing the most recent results against the March photos. And for today's pics, I will just cover up that hair since I was out of the shower and not groomed!









































(I have to start paying attention to which way I'm standing when I take these pics...)

Maybe for some folks, this doesn't seem like a lot of progress for a 4 month period but keep in mind that, because of my fatigue, I haven't been exercising. I do try to go outside and walk around the apartment building a couple times a day. That's about half a block.

My weight loss has been fluctuating but, taking the advice of some of my nurses, I am looking more at visible and no-scale results. If I go by how my clothing fits, I am on the right track. Also, my feet have not been hurting as badly.

I have switched up on the way I do my fasts. Some of the changes I have incorporated are fluctuating between fasting between 16, 18, and 20 hours each day. I haven't done another 24-hour fast since March but I don't feel the need to do one for a while. Things are, as I said, going well enough. The biggest part of my weight loss is not coming just from fasting but also from what I eat during the feeding hours.

This is what I try to keep on hand in the fridge and pantry:
  • Lots of chicken breasts
  • A little bit of ground beef
  • Bacon
  • Fresh spinach, Kale, Collards (used to get frozen until I got the food sealer)
  • Sliced olives, chopped green chiles (mild), fresh tomato salsa\
  • Onions and garlic (of course!)
  • Coconut milk (mostly for Bulletproof coffees)
  • Coconut oil (unrefined or soft for medium heat)
  • Heavy whipping cream (mostly for Bulletproof - BPC - coffees)
  • Full-fat shelf-stable milk (cos I don't use that often)
  • Trail mix with nuts, and some dark chocolate (see note in next paragraph)
  • MCT oil (after reading tons of reviews, I am using this brand
  • EVOO
  • Apple Cider Vinegar
  • Raw or (when I can afford it) Manuka honey
  • Melons - honeydew, yellow, water, etc. - (whatever is on sale)
  • Lots of unsalted butter, full-fat mayo
  • Lots of filtered water
  • Pellegrino Sparkling water when I can afford it
  • Dark roast coffee - McDonald's brand for drinking it black & Cafe Bustelo for making BPC
As far as the trail mix, it can be expensive even at Walmart so I get one of the big $7 buckets, then buy walnuts and pecans when they are on sale. I will toss the sale nuts into the trail mix bucket to add to the mix. I keep this bucket in the freezer so that the raisins and cranberries don't clump. This is a nice snack along with the dark chocolate. For the dark chocolate, again I get whatever is on the cheap, On my last grocery run, Walmart had the bags of Dove dark chocolate pieces on sale. There are about 30 pieces to a bag so I stuck to just one!

I've been watching the YouTube channel 2 Fit Docs because one of them is a nutritionist and they both practice IF. The husband also practices full Keto and lost 53 pounds in 22 weeks. I also like checking in on the channel Dot2Trot because she has awesome recipes. I like doing a variation of her pizza casserole.


By the way, I am not practicing full Keto; I do keep an eye on my carb intake. Now, as I mentioned, here are some links that might be useful to you all who are trying to do this kind of eating plan.

By the way, there are some good phone/tablet apps for anyone dieting, fasting, or just trying to be healthier. I personally use Fat Secret, iFast, and Time Until. Those are all in the Play store for Android and I'm sure you can find them on iTunes.

Peace
--Free