Translate this blog....

Saturday, May 09, 2009

Condi Rice & That Mess

Because she is a woman and a "minority," I always had great respect for Condoleeza Rice and her acheivements. Until the other day when I saw this video on YouTube. (Go to the 5.0 mark or so to get right to the "clowning" moment...)




When I got notice of this video (on Twitter), the subject was something like "Watch Condi clown this student." The way I see it, Condi, clowned herself. This educated (I won't say "intelligent") and accomplished woman struck out at a student in such a mean way that I felt stunned. First of all, people usually only react with mean-ness when they feel on the defensive. If you really believe in your opinion, you don't have to be mean about it. Second of all, did anyone else notice that she never answered the question about whether SHE believed water boarding is torture? Meanest of all, I thought, is when she had already crushed this student and still had to keep up the bullying. Notice how she snidely informed him that another student mentioning "the Court" was talking about the Supreme Court. That was an unneccessary blow to someone who'd already been put down by her.

I give that student a lot of credit. At least he had the guts to admit he couldn't answer her question. And I do believe that took guts. He could have been more like her and gotten nasty about it.

So I hope "Condi" feels good about herself. If you're going to be a nasty bitch, be real about it, don't masquerade as a woman who has it all together. Way to go and be encouraging to a student, Miz Rice. When someone does something you don't like, you don't have to be an adult about it when you can just be nasty. Nasty is easier. And while we're being nasty, do you think George Bush could have answered your question? Probably not. After all, that's what he had your little smart ass around for.

Peace
--Free