Translate this blog....

Friday, January 04, 2013

Waiting for the Smoke to Clear

It has been 12 days since my last cigarette. All this fresh air is about to kill me! (Just kidding.)

According to the Android app on my phone, my health is improving incrementally:

  • Carbon monoxide level in my blood down by 100%
  • Taste & smell improved by 100%
  • 100 percent of nicotine gone from my body
  • 86% of my nicotine dependence is gone
  • My withdrawal symptoms are down by 43%
  • My circulation has improved by 13%
  • I'm down 3% on my risk of coronary heart disease, heart attack and stroke
I've still got a ways to go before I'm even half as healthy as I need to be, but I'm getting there. If a bus doesn't mow me down. If I don't slide my Sarc-clumsy ass on the ice and break my tailbone. If, if, if...


Slowly, surely, I creep through this  minefield of beating my addiction to nicotine. It has been good for my lungs and my prayer life.

The thing is, I want to encourage anyone else who is trying to kick a habit. If you smoke or drink or have way too much sex - you can at least attempt to stop. Find your personal motivation factors. I have Sarcoidosis, therefore, I should not smoke. I was married to a drunk and I will never be an alcoholic. I don't have to worry about excess sex; I create enough problems for myself just thinking too much about it.

Bottom line: if you want to quit something - you can do it. It's just a matter of when and how. I don't want my "when" to be too late or my "how" to be death.

Peace
--Free

Cessation Nation is the Android app I'm using. Go find one that works for you. Good luck.