Translate this blog....

Friday, July 26, 2013

When You Were Stronger

When I was little and when you were stronger, I knew that you would do anything to keep me safe. No one was going to mess with your little sister, no one was going to make her cry.

When I was younger, you taught me how to take care of my car. You taught me how to change a tire and check the oil. You taught me what to do if the car skidded on ice. You told me to always watch my rear-view mirror to make sure strangers didn't follow me home - and you told me that if someone did follow me, I was to drive to the nearest police station, fire station or the busiest place I could find.

Just a few years ago, when I felt all alone and was living so far away from anyone who loved me, you said, "Tell me when you want to come home. I will send a ticket or a car or I will just come and get you."

Just the other day, I was looking at you, I realized that everything you gave me - every lesson that a big brother teaches a little sister. This morning, when I was looking at you, looking at the doctors and nurses who were working to keep you here a little longer, I realized you will always be stronger. When you are gone away from this life, you will always be my big brother.

I love you, Chubby.

Peace
--Free