Translate this blog....

Friday, May 29, 2015

**REVIEW** 3D Fiber Lash Mascara by Mia Adora

Since my feet have been so much discussed here, I guess it should be easy to tell you about my skimpy eyelashes.

~sigh~

I don't wear a lot of makeup. Or I should say, I like for any makeup I do wear to be done lightly and appear as natural as possible. I was taught to accentuate (not exaggerate) my features. I'm happy with my face, but I do have skimpy lashes. Mascara can be tricky for me though. I like definition and a bit of length, but if I use just a touch too much, my lashes feel heavy and clumpy.

And all the ladies out there said, "I hear ya!"

When I got the chance to try this, I jumped on it.

The case is super cute, by the way


A magnetic clasp when you shut the box


Isn't that box just too freaking pretty? I like it when things come packaged attractively. I can tuck this right into my purse and will probably whip it out just to show off how cute it is (because I can be silly like that sometimes!!!).

Anyway...this is what my lashes look wearing ...

... No mascara

                    ...My regular brand (1 coat)                                ...Mia Adora (one coat gel & fiber)

I especially like that I got such a great effect with just one coating of the Mia Adora 3D. Even better, once I played around some, I learned to use the mascara to accentuate my outer lashes (which is what I like to do for a dressier look).

Now, one of the things about reviewing products that you get for free is that people tend to distrust your opinion. I hope that you guys have read enough of my reviews to know that I will give you the good, bad and ugly.

There's not much negative to say about this, but let's get those things out of the way right now:

When I first applied the Mia Adroa(I did one eye at a time), I didn't realize that the brushes weren't fully coated right out of the tubes. I spent a couple of minutes pretty much dry-brushing my lashes and wondering why nothing was happening. Doh! Once I realized the problem, I was timid about over-applying the gel or fiber, so the result was mediocre. It's hard to tell how 'wet' the brushes are because they feel very stiff, which is unlike the regular brand of mascara I use.

Once I experimented on the first eye, things went a lot better with the second eye. It does take some practice - or rather, it takes not rushing. You apply the fiber while the first coating of gel is still wet, but (and this is VERY important): you have let the fiber coating dry before applying the last (or setting) gel coat. Also when applying the fibers, it's best to start light, then add more later if you want.

The Pros of this mascara is that it goes on so much lighter weight than the other brand of fiber mascara - and, yes, I had a chance to try out the 'other' brand when I went to lunch with a friend of mine who owns some. Mia Adora doesn't flake as much. That other brand is good with lengthening more with one coat, but some of it flaked off into one of my eyes. Also it goes too heavy for my preference since I like more of a 'natural' look with all of my makeup.

Also, when I got that flake from the other brand in my eye, and rubbed at it without thinking, I ended up with more flakes around my eye and the raccoon look. Lovely. But I'm not reviewing the other brand. I just wanted to give a comparison.

That leads me to the other big Pro: once the Mia Adora is set, my lashes not only look more natural, but they actually felt more natural than with even regular mascara. I checked and my usual mascara is a long-wearing waterproof formula, so maybe that has something to do with the feel. I didn't have any basic mascara (non-long lasting, etc) on hand to compare.

The Mia Adora set is, in my opinion, much easier to use than the brand I borrowed. For one thing, the other brand is thicker and coats too heavily for me to have the control I like over the thickness and length. Like I said, you can always add more if that's what you want.

By the way, I want to mention that getting a mascara off is as important as applying it. I remove my makeup using the oil/baby wipe method. I found out that the other brand is a lot harder to clean completely. I tested the Mia Adora both ways: oil and baby wipe, then just with a baby wipe.

Two final things to mention:
  • As of now, as far as I can tell, the Mia Adora comes in one shade - black. 
  • I see that there is currently a Flash Sale. See bottom of product page about the 10% discount and free shipping information. I don't know how long the sale will be active
If anyone else does try this, let me know how it compares to other brands and mascara types you have experience with.

Peace
--Free

Disclosure: I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.