Translate this blog....

Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Writing Status & Killing Time

The title of the post should actually be - Writing Status: Holding and Waiting, Not Procrastinating. By the way, excuse any rambling. I'm dealing with some brain fog today. However, to make up for it, I am including links at the bottom of the post. Have fun.


When I posted about getting settled in the apartment, a casual online friend asked if I was now back to working on the book(s).

Well, let's see...

This is my chair and desk.

All. Those. Pieces. Yikes!

As you can see, the chair is assembled - because it was a "Look Ma, no tools required" kind of thing. That desk... I broke down in tears of frustration just trying to identify all the parts and pieces.

Yeah, so, this is my current writing station:

Makeshift desk & my busted computer

At least I put on part of the un-assembled desk to good use.

When I said that I had gotten things in the apartment put together. I meant that I had managed to get myself to put things together enough so that I have somewhere to sit and sleep. For now, I am concentrating on recovering from the move. My energy was at rock-bottom levels for the past couple of weeks. I'm hoping that I'll be feeling better now that I've finally had my (overdue) infusion.
This
Not only do I still need the desk assembled, I have to hunt around for an affordable bedroom dresser. And there are still my unpacked boxes to deal with...

While I'm waiting for my energy to power back up, I have been checking out some great websites.

"Wrote a song about it. Like t'hear it? Here it goes."
In Living Color (David Alan Grier)

  • Lifehacker is just fun. It's a nice resource (sometimes) for writers
  • WonderHowTo is for when you wonder how to. See what I did there?
  • This video/GIF just because it nausates and fascinates me. 
  • Unsplash for free photos. I actually just like looking at them, but you are free to use them.
  • This is for when I need to let my brain just breathe. Good for when you feel overwhelmed and hyper.
  • AlternativeTo is for when you are either broke or cheap and need an alternative to paid apps/programs. Maybe, like me you are both broke and cheap!
  • Text Faces is just that. (ᵔᴥᵔ) See?
  • Lifewire has the name that makes me think of Motley Crue, but a motto I like: Tech Untangled. 
  • CamelCamelCamel is for Amazon addicts (me!) who like to price track (me!)
  • WhichBook helps you choose a book to read.
  • Have not checked out Instaread yet. Not sure if it will make me happy or sad...
  • So, GeoCron is an interactive history atlas.


So, I'm not back working on the writing projects yet. There is no procrastination involved though. Trust me, I can't wait to get back into my writing. When I do, you will hear my whoops of joy!

Peace
--Free