Translate this blog....

Monday, December 30, 2019

**QUICK POST** Using Garnier SkinActive (not on the face)

If you have dry arms, legs, etc, then keep reading.

Last year, I got to try Garnier's SkinActive moisturizing mask for the face. I had gotten a sample in a subscription box and like it enough to buy a jar. That single jar has lasted me all this time - WELL over a year. I use this every several days apart during the summer (humid days here near the lake), but during the colder, drier months, I will use it once every 2 or 3 days as an overnight treatment. Until now.

The other night I was applying some of this to my face after getting out of the show. I finished doing my face and wiped some of the excess cream from my fingers onto my thigh and forgot about it. By the time I got ready to apply my body oils and lotion, my arms and legs had dried completely out. There was just that one spot where I had wiped the Garnier that was so nice and supple that I was puzzled for a second. Then lightbulbs started flashing over my head. This was the first time I had applied the product to any other part of my body when it was at it's driest. I had tested it on my hand and wrist before but that was during the summer months and when I was already moisturized anyway. Seeing what this did to my bone-dry winter skin was something else.

So.

Yes, I did start applying the Garnier to the rest of my body. At about $10 a jar, I was getting a little wild, but... Using this as a body moisturizer is totally worth it. I mainly used it on my elbows, butt, and bosom (throw-back word!) and then mixed some in with my regular lotion to use on the rest of my body.

This is the best moisturizer ever for the drier parts of the body during the colder months.And I have used prescription moisturizers. I have used Cerave -which is not cheap - but...

Look how thick this is -

This is from July 2018
I still have about 1/3 of the jar left today

 The thing is, I will only need to do this after hot showers. I love standing for too long under hot water sometimes. Feels amazing but is so harsh on the skin - especially with this Iowa water.

Anyway, I just wanted to share this with you. I am going to have to look around and see if Garnier makes Skinactive for the body. To be honest, though, I think I will just keep using this. I won't need to use it often and it's totally worth it.

Peace
--Free