Translate this blog....

Thursday, June 17, 2021

Tiesta Tea Made Me Giddy (UPDATE 9/24/23)

UPDATE: When I first tried this a couple of years ago (and loved it, as you can see from the original post), I only bought it a couple more times. The Amazon price is ridiculous. Recently, when I started drinking less coffee and more tea, I found the Tiesta Maui Mango at Walmart for a much better price. I like this tea so much that I drink at least one cup each day. I subscribed to the Walmart purchase but I still have to limit myself from finishing off a can of it before the new delivery! My favorite way to drink it is with the Arashan Raw Mountain honey The honey is not so sweet that the takes away from the flavor of the tea. By the way, I did also try a small bag of the Tiesta Citrus Sunburst, and... yuk, it sucks! It's a good thing I only got the small bag because I ended up putting it on our giveaway table, hoping the worst person in the building would grab it. (I pay just a couple dollars less for a 5.5oz jar of the Maui from Walmart than what Amazon charges for the 2.1oz bag of it!)

***************



Ever in pursuit of healthy alternatives to calorie-laden beverages, I ordered some Tiesta Tea the other day. 

By the way, I am in panic mode about my kidneys. My last labs were so bad that I wasn't allowed to have my infusion until after I see my doctor. My stress level is at its highest right now. So, prayers are welcome.)

Anyway.

Before the bad news about my kidneys, I was already looking for something tasty to drink to replace the sugary coffee I love. Well, I like tea and I like fruit, so I splurged and got some Tiesta herbals.

I tried the Maui Mango first because the reviews were raving good.




The other one I have tried is the Chunky Watermelon.



I loved the Maui Mango so much that I got downright poetic in the review, which is all I can say about it here:
I got this smaller amount because I thought, "How good can this tea be for this price?!?!" But... the minute I opened the bag, the lovely smells wafted up and did my soul good. I was worried that it wouldn't taste as good as it smells and I was so wrong. This smells like kisses and a paid vacation and tastes like "I love you".

This is what you hope that a fruity tea will taste like. I think I am ruined for anything else so I will have to buy more. BTW, I am not a huge herbal tea lover. I got this because I did want a watermelon/strawberry tea & saw all the amazing reviews for this one. Now I cannot wait to try the Chunky Watermelon that is on the way.

I really like all the lovely little bits of joy in this. I've saved them and will be blending them into my smoothie later.

I haven't tried it cold yet but I think it will be delicious.

My best friend who LOVES all kinds of tea will be getting some of this as a surprise. She will be ecstatic.

One thing tho: somebody needs to tell this poetic idiot how to get the bag open properly. I ended up just shredding the top and re-sealing it all in a 2nd baggie! Seems like there's a cute method to it, but I couldn't figure it out.
I meant every word. I loved it so much that I hurried to order the Chunky Watermelon. It's good but... nothing like the Maui Mango.
Maui Mango bits & pieces


The Chunky Watermelon is very weak in its aroma. However, I can't complain about the taste because it is good and very true to watermelon. - but to real watermelon and not those artificially-flavored sweets so many of us are used to.  More of the fruity aroma comes out of the Chunky Watermelon tea when it's steeping. The Maui Mango aroma slaps you upside the head the minute you open the packet. In a good way.

Chunky Watermelon
more colorful than shown

I have to admit that I am going to try getting more of the Maui Mango so I can sip on it while I go on a fast from chewing foods. The Watermelon is one that I would buy again but only if they are out of the Maui Mango.

What I really like about this tea is that I don't have to sweeten it when drinking it hot. I do like to add a touch of natural honey to it but I don't have to.

There are samplers and various sizes for most budgets but it is not cheap tea because it is not cheap tea. It's worth every penny and I can't wait to try more.

Peace

--Free