Translate this blog....

Monday, August 16, 2021

Stories I Shouldn't Tell (Part 1000)

 I have to share a funny story about myself. I was joking to my family that I should be embarrassed but...

So in my "coffee journey," ðŸ™„  I have been trying to get away from boring and be a little more adventurous. Instead of ground coffee, I'm buying whole bean; I've been using my little hand grinder to go all the way fresh for each pot, and I am exploring different methods of brewing.

Right now, of course, I have been using my 12-cup pot maker most of the time. I do have the little brew basket gadget that I use every now and again. However, that's as far as I've gotten.

The other day, a suggestion popped up for me on YouTube. It was something about French press coffee. The little blurb mentioned how good coffee can be from such a device. 

Hmmm...

I clicked over to Amazon and priced a couple of French press pots. Not bad but not something I need to spend money on right now in my broke-ish situation. I moved on but kept thinking about what it would be like to make coffee in a French press. I tend to get fixated on things - if you didn't know by now.

When my neighbor came over for a cup of coffee, I was telling her all about the French press situation. I went on and on about how I might get one soon. She said, "But you have one." She pointed to one of the kitchen cabinets.

There on top of a cabinet I look at about 50 times a day sat a like-new French press. 


Yeah. That one.

That's a freebie that I got about 5 years ago to try out. Without learning anything about French press coffee - how to make it, how to use the device - I gave it one go and decided it was too much work for my sarc-addled brain. I think I even apologized to the folks who sent it to me. At any rate, I packed it away when I was leaving Alaska and it got moved here with me. I always liked the look of it so I stuck it on top of the cabinets. I once thought about making it the home for one of my pothos plants.

Anyway.

I am going to actually check out some more information about using French presses. Maybe I can learn to make a decent brew of coffee in it. Maybe it will make a nice home for a plant.

Peace

--Free