Translate this blog....

Thursday, October 07, 2021

**Cross Post** The Thing I Don't Talk About Much

This is from my other blog Free & Faith

This blog gets more views so I'm sharing it here.


There are a couple of things I have not really ever addressed here:

1. Conspiracy theories

2. The "Illuminati"

The reason I have stayed away from blogging about these things is that there's been a successful campaign to make people who do look crazy. This post title is perfect: There’s a conspiracy theory that the CIA invented the term ‘conspiracy theory’ – here’s why.

I have not read the article because I've heard the discussion plenty of times before. I don't know who invented the term but it certainly has done the job. I no longer use the term because I don't care about the theories surrounding anything that doesn't have to do with the human soul or the battle for it. I will instead say, "The Enemy's Plans".

I use the same term for anything to do with what is so often called "The Illuminati". That term has also been tarnished and beaten into uselessness.

The thing with all of this is that Christians should not be surprised at anything falling under the Enemy's Plans. We might not have known exactly what those plans would look like in our lifetime but we were warned:

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. (KJV)

And if that isn't clear enough, here it is in other versions:

 For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (NKJV)

For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood, but against the principalities, against the powers, against the world-rulers of this darkness, against the spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. (ESV)

Because your fight has not been with flesh and blood, but with Principalities and The Rulers and The Powers of this dark world and with wicked spirits which are under Heaven. (Aramaic Bible in Plain English)

I think what we needed to study hardest in that verse is who the "Rulers" and "Powers" are.

Satan is not wandering around looking anything like what man has been portraying him. He is represented by his devotees. They can wander among us looking innocent and beautiful and enticing. 

The goal of the Enemy is to win souls to his damnation before they can accept Christ's salvation. If we die while we are trying to please Satan, we are lost. If we die while we are chasing after the riches or fame or beauty or power that he offers, we are lost. If we chase these things blindly - not realizing who the Power is behind them - we are lost.

When I see people working for these things - power and glory and material stuff - I pray for them to come out of the darkness. I was there once. I once wanted nothing more than to be rich and famous. I was so proud of my beauty and youthful energy and I wanted to make those things help elevate me higher - in employment, in romantic relationships, and in friendships. I wanted to be seen and noticed and regarded. If I'd had access to today's social media platforms, I would have been out of control.

Just as the Gospel is reaching more and more of the world because of better technology and communication, The Enemy is also using those resources.

If we stay focused on our human selves, we will be less concerned with our eternal souls. If we can indulge in every pleasure here on earth, we are less concerned with what happens when we are no longer here on earth.

Do I believe that people sign up with The Enemy in exchange for what they want here on earth? Yes. Do I think that all of them fully understand what they are signing away? I don't know. Maybe. Maybe those are the ones who, in spite of their earthly successes, commit suicide or turn to drugs and alcohol or other deadly vices.

What bothers me is that a lot of us don't believe that this happens - that people are signing up with The Enemy. I am always trying to find ways to point this out to friends and family. But you can't see if you prefer to remain blind.

I recently watched a long video -over 5 hours long - by a man trying to point out some of the work of The Enemy. He is so earnest that he went on a bit at first I had trouble getting through the first several minutes. I'm glad I hung in there. He has probably laid out the most compelling evidence of how we are being manipulated today.

In the video, this man asks a couple of fairly obvious questions that might not occur to a lot of people:

  • If Jesus wasn't the Savior, why is he the most hated? You don't see the same hate toward Buddha or Mohammed or any of those.
  • Why is Christianity the religion that is most under attack? You don't see the same attacks on any other religion.

I think that we are being so very manipulated in every way. Look at the similarities in the behavior of these well-known people. Are their little poses and mannerisms just coincidentally similar? Are the entertainers and other "creatives" among them that unoriginal? 

Seeing the eye doctor, maybe?

We are distracted by so much news and information and entertainment and other noise that we can't hear ourselves trying to think. 

When Facebook and its various other platforms went offline the other day, I rejoiced. I was hoping that people would use the time wisely. I wonder if any of them used those distraction-free hours to communicate with people offline. Did any of them pick up a book? Did anyone do something fun without worrying about posting photos immediately?

Right now, in our nation, many of us are divided by race and politics. I pray that people will realize that there are no divisions in The Enemy's camp. There are different teams that might want different things for themselves as teams but they all are again the people on God's team.

A lot of us Christians will support and root for politicians and other leaders because they look like us or vote like us or listen to the music we like. In reality, they are not on your team unless they are on God's team. And just saying you are on God's team is not enough. There are many people who will get to Judgement Day for this to be a real thing:

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy by thy name, and by thy name cast out devils, and by thy name do many mighty works? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity. (Matthew 7:21-23 ESV) ~my emphasis~

They can hide from us but they will be exposed.

So, please take time to pay attention to what is going on around us. We have to be prayerful and wise and watchful against deceit and trickery. 

Peace

--Free