Translate this blog....

Monday, April 01, 2024

Baby Did a Bad-Good Thing

 After feeling like crap for months with this "flu-monia" turned "broncho-cough" thing, I had a couple of good days. I was so excited to feel well that I decided to clean out and reorganize my kitchen pantries.

Oh boy.

That was such a great idea in my head. And so dang doable! In my head, I would take everything out, one cabinet at a time, make a giveaway throwaway pile, and reorganize what was left. My goal? To be able to reach into a pantry and get what I need when I need it without having to hunt around for it.

Yeah. Right.

What happened was... this:

this is the best-looking part of the mess. The BEST, people.
The only cabinet finished is the one just above that mess. All my appliances are stacked off to the side of the entryway. 

can't make coffee, cook or even toast bread

The problem is, I had that great idea and instead of starting small, my mania kicked in. The result is that on Day 2 of the project, I am drinking instant coffee for energy and eating cereal or popcorn for meals. I have no other choices. All my appliances are sitting on the floor (while I scrub down the counters) and I still don't know how I want to arrange them when I'm ready.

That was the Bad Thing. The Good Thing is that I feel great about the pantry I have finished. And I was out of bed and moving around almost all day for the first time in ages.  The other not-good thing is that, the more I clean, the more I want to clean and change around. ~sigh~

I would be panicked but why should I be? I live alone. I don't have to explain the temporary mess to anyone except the UPS man when he delivers my meds and toiletries in a couple of days. Maybe I will be done by then. It could happen.

I was going to go on and on about what I found in the cabinets but, I really better get back to it. Besides, I can't even begin to explain some of the crap I found... But I am thankful to feel good for as long as this lasts. Pray for me, people, pray for me! LOL

Peace

--Free