Translate this blog....

Monday, July 08, 2024

Family Is Good Medicine

For the past few weeks, I had to deal with a bout of depression. Then some more of my family came to town for a quick visit. Their presence renewed my spirits. 

Whenever I think of family and good friends, I am reminded of one of my favorite parts of the Gospels. 

"...for I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in; I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’ (Matthew 25:35-36 )

That's how my family makes me feel. I feel surrounded by love, acceptance, and protection. I feel blessed that God gave us each other.  My little brother and I miss our other siblings a lot and we both just drunk in their presence!


Everything

I got to meet one of my grandnieces (who I haven't seen since I held her right after she was born) and we both fell in love with each other. This is the first time in a long while that all of us siblings were together for a happy reason. They all LOVED the 4th of July celebrations. 

When my family left to return home, I spent half the day in tears, missing them already. I also realized that not everyone is so blessed with a big, loving family. Some of my neighbors are quite alone in this world. Some of them are widowed or their children have passed away. Some of them were never part of a close family. All I can do is pray that people find love among friends. Family is not just blood relatives. Family is anyone who loves, accepts, supports, and treasures your presence in this world.

I just want to thank God again for bringing some of my family to me - and just when I really needed them.

If you don't have family or close friends, you should know that Jesus is all the love you need. When we leave this life, we are going to be one big happy family and I can't wait to meet you all.


Peace

--Free