Garnier 5 Sec Blur. Genius.
I probably would not have tried this if not for the gift. Not only did I try it and like it, but I let my sister try it and she went out and got some for herself.
- Mattes the face after applying moisturizer and before applying the rest of my makeup. Mattes any shine without drying out the skin.
- Could be worn alone if the shade were slightly darker. My sister can wear it without foundation.
- Has a really nice feel to it. Goes on like a spreadable powder.
- Blurs surface imperfections and evens out my skin tone for applying foundation or my shaded powder makeup.
- Helps "set" my foundation. I noticed that my makeup wore better and longer if I used Blur.
- Because I have such a dark complection, I can't wear it solo. I have to apply foundation or my tinted powder to get rid of the slightly ashy look.
- Though it does work as a "primer", it doesn't really do as much for my fine lines. I think this is only because of the pale shading. If it came in a brown tint, I think the blurring would work on fine lines.
This is really a great product. I'm hoping that someone will come out with it in a variety of shades for more skin tones. When I went with my sister to pick out hers at the store, I noticed that there were at least 4 other brands with a similar product. My sister is a few shades lighter than I am, and she is able to wear the Blur solo. Looks really good on her and saves her having to wear a foundation.
|Very light against back of my hand|
Powders as you blend in
|This side, Blur-free This side, Blurred|
This is a really good product idea. Going on the search for one in a better shade for me.