Pinterest Play

Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Recap: Days 2 - 4 of Detox

To recap of Sunday, Monday and Tuesday of my detox challenge, here is how those days went and what I consumed:

Sunday (Day2)

I didn't feel as stressed because I knew I'd be able to eat something (minus breads). My energy level seemed good and I wonder if that's because of the water from Saturday. I did have to pee a lot throughout the day - but not as much as I thought I would. My other bathroom use didn't increase.

One of my hopes in detoxing is, that by clearing my body of toxins, I will be more clearheaded. My illness messes with my brain and I'm praying that cleansing my body will give some relief from the fuzzy-headedness and the frustration that causes.
  • Coffee with flavored cream (at 6:30 a.m.)
  • 40 oz water
  • Snack of 1 oz plain goat cheese, 5 Triscut crackers, three pieces of pickled garlic, 1.5 oz of beef summer sausage (lunch at 3 p.m.)
  • 16 oz water (while cleaning and packing)
  • Coffee with flavored cream (around 4 p.m. because dinner isn't until 7 p.m.)
  • 1 cup collard gumbo (shrimp, tomato paste/sauce, okra), 1 small piece of hot water cornbread and  fried chicken wing  (Yeah, I said "fried"! It was a family dinner, sorry.)
  • 16 oz water before bed.
I almost think I ate too much food today. Even though I ate a very small amount at dinner and skipped the candied yams and sauce, I felt too full afterwards. I almost didn't have room for the last serving of water. I was really disappointed that this is the second day of not making the full 80 ounces of water.

Sausage, cheese, garlic, crackers
"Grammy's Gumbo"
Usually made with pork chops, not shrimp

Monday (Day 3)

Didn't feel as energized this morning. Probably has to do with feeling too full at bedtime. Noticed that my urine was super clear every time I got up to use the bathroom during the night - which was about four times! Maybe that's why I was a little groggy. Told myself that I am not going to eat as much today. Thinking I will stick to cheese and cracker snacks, and maybe a little bit of sausage.
  • Coffee with flavored cream at 7 a.m. (but not as much because of feeling so full already)
  • 16 oz water while running errands
  • Goat cheese, sausage, crackers and garlic for lunch around 1:30
  • 2 servings of water 16 oz each while making calls and folding clothes (feeling a little headache-y and tired, but not hungry)
  • 1/2 cup leftover gumbo at 4 p.m. (made my headache go away, but I'm still really tired)
  • About 1/2 ounce (3 slices) sausage and 8 oz of water for dinner at about 7 p.m.
  • Cup of chai tea at bedtime 
Felt really super tired all afternoon, but at least I wasn't running to the bathroom every 10 minutes. I did have to pee about every hour. And, yes, I realize that I am falling short on the water intake.

Tuesday (Day 4)

I woke up still feeling a little groggy and un-rested. This could be an effect of the water cleaning some of the toxins from my body. I hope.

One positive: my skin doesn't feel as dry as it usually does. This apartment holds heat like a roasting oven, so most nights I can almost feel the moisture being sucked out of my skin. The air is still super dry in here, but I don't feel the need to roll out of bed reaching for my body lotion.

Some of our out of town guests are leaving tonight so someone had the really good/really bad idea of meeting at Lucky Wishbone for a family lunch. (Any time family comes to visit there are 2 places on their list to eat: Lucky Wishbone and Arctic Roadrunner - both are burger joints.) I'm going to attempt to remove the bread from my Jumbo Burger, but I'm probably going to cheat.
  • Coffee. Yes, with flavored cream. Around 6:30 a.m. I'm so tired, I wanted to chew grounds right from the can.
  • 2 16 oz bottles of water, back to back, between 11:00 and 12:00
Here is where I feel off the wagon y'all: today we hit Lucky Wishbone. I stuck with just a burger (bread included) and then downed another bottle of water (about 12 oz). I babysat DJ from noon til about 4, then the whole family spent the rest of the day together. I just got home and it's almost 11 p.m.

The nieces and nephews (and my sis)

This kid. 'Nuff said.

We had a family seafood night

I stuck to crab and shrimp
And salad

I feel like I'm going to have to do much better with my water intake. This is ridiculous. How hard should it be to drink plenty of water? Apparently, I'm struggling with it. (I even went off and left my water bottle at the fam's tonight.) I am promising myself tonight that I'm going to do much better with the challenge in the next few days.

I'm still fatigued. If I'm not feeling better by the end of the week, I'm going to have to check with the docs to see what is going on. I don't need to get sick when I'm trying to get moved... My brain is a bit fuzzy, so I hope that I kept all this straight. I tried drafting a post for each of these past few days, but had to edit here and there. For now, goodnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment