Translate this blog....

Monday, July 13, 2015

**REVIEW** MILLIARD 100% Pure and Natural Avocado Butter

This....


.... is one of my new favorite products because, unlike a lot of multi-use skin and hair care products, this can be used by a variety of people.

It's 100% Pure and Natural Avocado Butter from Milliard.

Since this is the first avocado butter I've used, I wasn't sure what to expect. I thought it would be a lot like Shea butter, but I was hoping for something better. I was right on both counts. It is similar to Shea but it's a lot better IMO.
semi-hard butter 
that melts at touch
 Previously, I was okay with using Shea on my skin - or rather, parts of my skin, like my feet and elbows. Shea is just a bit too heavy and coating for me. No way did I like using it on my hair - not even on my scalp.

Avocado butter (or at least this brand) is everything I had hoped for in a thicker moisturizer. I love coconut oil (cooking, organic and fractionated), but it's almost too light for some uses. The avocado butter is a perfect match of thickness and absorbency that I am falling in love with for a multi-use product.

Let me just run down my experience with it in the different ways:

  • On my dry hair, it's a bit too heavy, but it's wonderful when applied sparingly to fresh-washed/conditioned/treated damp hair. 
  • On my scalp, it is amazing. It takes very little & I was able to part my hair in quarters, apply the butter, then just massage to spread around the moisture. (It's even better if you wrap your head in a plastic bag then apply a little heat with a warm wet towel or dryer.)
  • On my face as a cleanser, it worked nicely. I like that it's a little thicker than the other oils I apply and wipe away with a baby wipe because some of the moisture remains.
  • As a facial moisturizer, this works for me if I go light with it and use a little bit of warm water to massage it in. Otherwise, it's just much better used as a night treatment. I think it could be used for day if I were not going to be applying a foundation also. I understand that avocado is a great sunscreen. (Part of the product info online states: "Applying the smooth avocado butter as a natural sunscreen moisturizes and nourishes your skin while providing complete protection.")
  • As a cuticle cream this is SO good. 
  • For all over body moisturizing, I used this 2 ways. First, as a regular "lotion" type application (though it takes very little), this worked better than coconut oil because of the thickness combined with the absorbency. As a "deep conditioning" skin treatment, I applied some after a warm shower, then stood in under the heat in the bathroom for about 10 minutes. That was really moisturizing and is going to work well for days when I've let my skin get dehydrated.
  • Added to shampoo: this was tricky because I didn't know whether to add it to the bottle or just add it to my hair while shampooing. I opted for the latter. Results: wonderful. Did not leave my hair greasy or weighed down so I went ahead and did the conditioning treatment.
  • For hair conditioning: added a bit of the butter to my hair after I had applied my regular conditioner, then let it sit while I finished showering. Results: my hair was so "crispy" once it dried and before applying moisturizing product.
  • Added to my moisturizing product: I put a little in my palm to melt, then added my usual curly moisturizer. Results: either because of the shampoo/conditioning with the butter, my hair was really super soft. When it completely soaked in, I had a little more sheen to my hair. I still used my homemade leave-in spray. I liked the results, but this is where I learned that a little bit goes a long way. I had forgotten that I had added some of the butter (and some argan oil) to my homemade spray... In a couple of days, some of the oil should wear in! LOL
So there you have it. A wonderful multi-use product for all skin types (and possibly all hair types - hope someone out there will let me know!). 

Trust me when I saw that a little of this goes a long way. As a matter of fact, I highly suggest using the smallest amount first then working up if you think you need more. It would be easy to overdo it. The price is well worth it because even with using this for more than just my hair, I can get a lot of use from the 16-oz jar for $12.00. 

I got this for the Prime price and think that I will just do the "Subscribe and Save" deal for re-orders as soon as I figure out how often I'll need to restock.

By the way, when I checked out Milliard's Amazon page, I noticed quite a few "professional" use products for hair care. Worth checking out that Seller's page.

Peace
--Free

P.S.: I really have to thank my niece and nephew (J.P. and +Gabrielle B again for the gift certs. Best gift ever for someone like me!)