Translate this blog....

Thursday, February 06, 2020

**REVIEW** Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer

I told you guys a long while back that to save on products like this, I started buying a blurring powder from Making Cosmetics. I still love the powder, but the price of this one is SO much more affordable than Garnier's product. **



That's Maybelline Baby Skin Instant Pore Eraser Primer and I scored that 3-pack for under $11. Here is the primer in action. I used my hand to get a better close up - and my palm shows the best changes.


First, notice how the primer really is a kind of transparent gel.



It's not very visible but even used with no makeup, it gives the same blur effect of softening the look of your skin.

When it's smoothed out, you don't notice it even though it has a kind of slick feel and - oh my DAMN! Is that an age spot I see on my hand????




1. The untreated part of this dark foundation is shiny and richer colored. The treated part is starting to powder down to a softer tone.





2. With this shiny lip color, the primer really breaks it up into a powder.


Against the darker color of my skin, you can see how the blur will lighten or sort of "mute" a sharper color.


3. This is how the primer begins powdering with some of the dark foundation. On my face, the effect it more blended and subtle because the color matches the skin on my face, not my palm. You can see how the primer kills shone and achieves the blurring effect.




Okay, I had to take a rest. That applying and removing all that makeup from my hands just about wore me out! But you can see the subtle difference, yes? It's such a nice way to give your skin a nice "finished" look whether or not you wear makeup - and I typically don't. When I do wear makeup, I try to stick to very sheer coverage. That's not always an option when choosing shades for my darker skin color. What I will do a lot of the time is blend a very little of a heavy foundation with some blur, then apply it. This particular blur product will smooth out or thin out a foundation if you blend it on the back of your hand first. You can get the level of light or heavy coverage you want before applying. It's pretty genius.

The other thing I love about using blur products is that they help me to mute lip colors. Sometimes, lip color is just too "loud" for the moment, or maybe it was a color that you decided was just too much for you. Blurring a lip color really helps. I usually do it with colors that I like but don't want to be too flashy. You can tell from the bottom #2 photo what I mean.

It's a shallow thing to be overly worried about appearance but, let's face it (heh), it does sometimes help your mood to feel a little prettier. Like I said, I usually don't bother with a lot of makeup and just smoothing some of this primer on makes enough of a difference. Summer is coming and I want to subtly battel the shine that comes with heat and humidity. And I do this not to impress anyone - cos, trust this, I am not looking - I do this for myself.

Finally, I have to mention that of all the similar drugstore brands I have seen - for priming and blurring, etc - this is the one I favor because it doesn't mask my true dark skin color. It's like with some sunscreens where they are really good but on darker skin, they leave an ashy sheen or tint. That just does not work for me.

Now, if the price starts going back up on this stuff, I will go back to the much cheaper powder product from Making Cosmetics.


Anyway, that's my take on this product. Hope it helped.

Peace
--Free

** I was price-checking and noticed that the Garnier product is apparently discontinued.





For the song, I chose this one.I will not lie and say I know everything being said, but I get the idea. Life is struggle and faith is hope. So many people today are lost because they have struggles without hope. (The visuals are ugly but real so...)