Translate this blog....

Friday, July 16, 2021

**QUICK POST** Bilingual/Dual Language Reading & Learning

 What if you could start self-learning a language while doing something enjoyable - like reading?

That's what I was thinking the other day when I was grounded and sick in bed. I love reading and I really would like to learn at least a little bit of another language. However, my brain is slow (from age) and thick (from illness). So...

I landed first on this resource. I haven't checked it out at all yet, but I did bookmark a few novels and stories to start with. You can do your own search but in the meantime, here is my start list of books and resources:


I took a quick screenshot of one of the pages to show here:




This is exciting to me. The only time I have every learned even just single words in another language is when I could find a way to relate. I learned that Ouai is in French what Yeah is in English because of a hair product I sampled. Years ago, when I lived in England my best neighbor-friend was Welsh and she taught me a couple of mild swear words. I recently couldn't remember when I last had a mammogram but I haven't forgotten how to tell someone to kiss my behind in Welsh!

I really hope this helps someone who has been looking for such resources. Enjoy and spread the word.

Peace
-Free