Translate this blog....

Friday, April 21, 2023

**REVIEW** Pyunkang Yul Calming Moisture Nourishing Cream

 Finding a good skincare product that works for your budget as good as for your skin... that's tricky. But this Calming Moisture Cream from a brand I'd never heard of before ticks the boxes as they say.

This is a really good face cream. It's not heavy but it is moisturizing. I like the smooth texture. It's not greasy, it's not wet, and it doesn't take a lot for a good effect. The best thing (in my opinion) is the price. It was 10 bucks. That's the part I can't believe. I hope it doesn't get pricier as more people discover it.

I like the cream and the price so much that I took a chance and got the toner from the same brand. I will review that soon. For now, let's talk about this cream.

This has all the good stuff my skin loves - 5 hyaluronic acids, ceramides, shea, collagen - but it's got some ingredients I'd never seen before Madecassoside, Centella Asiatica, and Lonicera. Those are the "calming" ingredients. What surprised me is that it has tea tree. I'm not a huge fan of tea tree for my skin but I don't notice any irritation so there.

Also, my skin doesn't need "calming" so I don't notice that effect. I just like the moisture because my skin can be so bone dry. 

When I first started using this, our weather was cold and drying and I had to lightly boost the cream with some of my CeraVe Ointment or Abolene. Once I got the toner, I didn't have to use those other things with the cream except for overnight. Now that the weather is warming up, I notice that the toner and the cream are a perfect duo and don't need any boosting. I wonder if I won't need more than the tiniest bit once the summer humidity hits our town...

For someone with skin that is a bit less dry and, um, mature, this cream is probably fine solo.

My skin is sensitive. Anything can set it off - which is why I worried about the tea tree ingredient - but this doesn't irritate me at all.

Again, the price is amazing. I've had the one jar, using it in the morning (and sometimes at night) for about 6 weeks. This is what's still left:

Only takes a couple of dabs

So when I say it doesn't take much, I'm serious. Of course, I also use a toner (most days) and sunscreen. Still, I'm impressed. The product is affordable and the jar will obviously last a while. I have looked over some of the other P.Y. products in the P.Y. Amazon storefront - especially for "dry and sensitive" skin - and they are all quite affordable. The moisturizer is above-drug-store quality but at a drug-store price. I don't need any of the other products right now but I hope they are just as good as this cream and the toner I have.

Peace

--Free