Translate this blog....

Tuesday, June 06, 2023

**REVIEW** IT Dusters AirTec Ultra Electric Air Duster

 Why did I not get this sooner? It's the AirTec Ultra Electric Air Duster from IT Dusters.

As a single woman, I try to have the basic useful things around for cleaning and doing very minor repairs. I have a brother nearby who has the big boy gadgets but I keep some tools for him to use here at my place. Adding this duster is the best thing I've done for a while.

For the almost 7 years I've lived where I currently do - with this extreme humidity of the warm summers - I always keep 2 tower fans around. I run the one in the bedroom non-stop (as I do with the bedroom and living room ceiling fans). I only turn the ceiling fans off when I am away for more than a day. Fans accumulate a lot of dust.

The tower fans are the main reason I got the electric duster. This one:

This is the duster without the 
attachments


It came nicely boxed &
makes a great gift

Canned air is pricey and pretty much useless for cleaning tower fans. And, as I said, I really should have gotten this sooner. Here are the advantages of having an electric duster (and I can only speak about this brand and model):

  • The one-time price ($45, on sale from $60) is cheaper in the long run than repurchasing compressed air cans I have used in the past (here are some of the current prices of what I've used) and the cheapest brand that I currently see.
  • This is way more powerful than the canned air that I've used. That may be because I can use prolonged blasts of air (and without the vapor "spit"). I always worry about that vapor hitting certain parts of my electronics.
  • While this is vacuum-cleaner loud, it's fine to use during regular waking hours. 
  • It comes with 6 attachments. Because the air blast is powerful, I like being able to vary the direction and concentration of the flow. I use the wide flat attachment for the fan on the back of my computer.
    the brushes
  • It's useful for way more than I realized. So far, I have used it to clean the tower fans, the hard-to-reach floorboard space that runs underneath the kitchen cabinets, along the windowsills, under and around the baseboard heating vents, and I dried out a damp bottle that was too narrow and deep for a cloth to reach. I even cleaned the inside of a bowl-shaped lampshade because I hate using water and a rag to do that. Next, I'm going to do the ceiling fans and the tops of the closet and door frames and blow the dust and debris from the bathroom storage closet, not to mention the tops of the kitchen cabinets. I won't have to remove everything to clean those places!
  • At almost 9 feet long (when I measured with a tape),  the cord is not quite the 3 meters shown on the product page.  It's long enough, in my opinion, and, so far, I have not had to use an extension. I might need to when I get to the ceiling fans and door tops.
  • **While the less expensive Model 3 has a single (full power) mode, this Model 6 has a second mode with less power for more delicate jobs. I do find this useful but I probably could have lived with the Model 3, to be honest.
  • Even after using it for prolonged blasts (I'd say up to 30- to 60-second blasts for up to as much as 5 minutes), the motor doesn't get too warm. When it does get warm, it only takes a few seconds to cool back down.
The attachments
I only first noticed electric dusters while pricing some canned air. I thought they were for people who have garages and work with serious tools. Once I realized they are meant to replace canned air, I looked at several. I chose this particular one because of the reviews. The only downside is that it is made in China and I have been trying harder to support American-made products.

The forty-five dollar price almost put me off. The Model 3 is $30. However, the $45 model was on sale down from $60. As I mentioned, I could live without the 2 power modes but I really do like having them. For quite a while, I was using this very basic item (and still do for quick cleanup) but it's not the same.

As for how loud the duster is, here's a short video.


(Very short but I was trying to film and run the duster. I have a one-task kind of brain, folks!)

Right after I first ordered this, I wondered if I'd be sending it back out of buyer's remorse. Once I tried it, I was hooked. This is not something I will use every day (at least, once I finish cleaning everything the first time!) but it's a good item to have. 
The bag holds everything
& fits back into the box
Again, I cannot say whether or not this is better than (or not as good as) other similar dusters. I am happy with it because of the price and the power. 

Peace
-- Free


** Re the difference in models. IT Dusters Support sent this in response to my question:
"The Type 6 offers a few additional benefits over the Type 3 including: 
- 2 Speed Setting
- Larger 480w motor
- Carry Bag
- 3pcs ESD Brush Kit
- ESD-protected housing

If you are intending to use this often or for work, I would recommend the Type 6."

DISCLAIMER: I am not being compensated in any way for this blog review. I bought and paid full price for the item. I am not affiliated with the brand.