Translate this blog....

Friday, July 07, 2023

Ashes: Not All That Remains

 When I think about the loved ones I've lost, I know that only their bodies are gone. Their souls are eternal. 

Recently, my nephew took the ashes of his mother (my sister) and his twin sister (my goddaughter/niece) home to Alaska, he found the perfect place to scatter them. Both these ladies loved, loved, loved Alaska. My niece and her brother were born there. My sister and I spent almost 45 years there. It's home.

Whenever I think of my sister and niece, I know their souls are at home in heaven and their human remains are in Alaska. My nephew really honored them and their love of Alaska.

We still have family and loved ones who live in Anchorage and it's nice that they can go and visit the area. I love that there is a small fall of water nearby the spot. 

McHugh Peak Trail


Alaska is so diverse in its beauty but this is a place that speaks for the whole state. It's beautiful and wild and open and free. One day I know I will see my sister and niece again. For now, I love where their remains are resting.

Peace

--Free