Translate this blog....

Tuesday, January 09, 2024

Thoughts , Prayers & Whine :-)

I thought I'd better come over and post an update and say that I will certainly be welcoming all thoughts and prayers sent my way. 

For the past few months, my sarcoidosis has been kicking my behind! That's why posting has been sort of erratic. If it weren't for the drafts I save up, I would have almost nothing to post...

Not to whine but - well, okay, maybe a little bit - I've had COVID again (which I thought was going to kill me), then a cold followed. Oh, goodie. My big fear is that I'll get something respiratory and die in my sleep. Seriously, breathing can be a struggle with sarcoid. Anyway, most of the cold symptoms when went away (as in the chills, itchy throat, and aching head), but it left behind this crazy cough! I can't hardly sleep or do anything because of this cough. I heard from someone that it might be that 100-day cough. Whatever it is, it is the worst. I can barely leave the apartment because I don't want to get too far from the bathroom toilet or the shower.

I love these guys!

I told my rheumatologist about the cough when I saw him in November. When I told him I'd already had it for a couple of weeks, he didn't seem too concerned. I still have the cough (it's slowly getting better) but I'm hoping that my upcoming infusion will help. Please, Lord, and thank You.

Because whining is so much fun, let me keep the train rolling...

The cold had me so hoarse that I couldn't talk sometimes. My voice is finally coming back but it's still raw-sounding.  I already have a "throaty" voice so I don't want to end up sounding like a man-ling! LOL

I just wanted to post to explain the erratic blog upkeep. I'm hoping this gets better soon because it's starting to wear me down. I had serious bouts of the blues last week. And, oh, yeah - even better, I'm having trouble finding a dentist to treat me with my "pre-existing condition". Between the coughing and sleepless nights, I am afraid to complain about how badly my teeth hurt.

But, as a reminder to you all (and myself), life is still a blessing. 

We have all made it to 2024 when many others did not. I know that many other sarcoidosis sufferers have lost their battle so I am grateful for every single day. No matter where each of you are in life, be thankful that you are here to fight another day. It sounds trite, but, seriously, just keep your head up.


When someone asks in passing how I'm doing, I'm tempted to let them have the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth. Then I remember that I am blessed and just say that I am fine. Unless we are friendly. Then they do get the truth!

Also when trying to make it to the bathroom!

If you are healthy, be thankful. If you are sick, keep fighting. 

Peace

--Free