Translate this blog....

Thursday, April 09, 2009

Sparkle and Fade

I need to break out of this funk. I am in the middle of a family bbq & having to make myself smile.

Been looking back over the relationship as documented in old posts here on the blog & had to shake my head when I read this one, this one, this one, this one... I'll be damned if there aren't a few that I never published. I found some still in draft stage & I'm wondering if I should bother posting them at this point.

Anyway, I was feeling so..I can't even describe it, and I had these words start going through my head as someone complimented me on my wedding ring. There's no title for this thing - whatever it is I just scribbled out on a paper bag. I just wanted to get the words down. I'm sure that at some point I'll need to come back and look at them for strength.

My ring
this thing
I wear
Somedays
It sparkles
And shines
With twinkles
Of promises
Somedays
It provides
The only light
I have to see by
Sometimes
It blinks, winks
Teasing me
Like a best friend
Somedays, though
It circles
My heart
Like a leaden
Weight
Dragging me
Into despair
And fugue
Somedays
I feel it
Burning and
Mocking
My dreams
And still shiny
Polished with
The salt of
My tears
Most days though
It is just
There
Part of me,
For better
Or
For worse
Eternal
Never-ending
Band of
Me and him