Translate this blog....

Tuesday, January 26, 2021

**REVIEW** Sweet Almond Oil

 Of all the many, many oils I have used over the years, I never got around to trying sweet almond oil. I have no idea how I missed this one. Now that I have tried it... Wow. It's up there with my favorites like Marula and pumpkin seed. I would have to say that it beats both of those as a treatment for the face. Pumpkin can be too thick and "heavy"; Marula is better, in my opinion, for the hair. Plus, good quality Marula tends to be pricy.

This is the brand of sweet almond that I am trying:


There are, of course, several brands but I chose this one for the positive reviews and cheap price - under $3 for the 4-ounce bottle. It really does only take a few drops to treat my face and neck. If I decide to try it on my hair (as a post-wash sealer/moisturizer), I will be getting a much larger bottle.


I am raving about this over other oils (to use on the face) because of the way it soaks into the skin. There is very little residue detectable and almost zero added shine. How great is it that this relieves my dry facial skin without making me look all greasy?

Another positive: one ingredient and only one.


There are probably a million benefits listed online but I will skip those. What I love about this - in addition to the above-mentioned things - is how soft it makes my skin feel. I will probably use this as my "wake-up" oil. In the winter, the first thing in the morning, I have to pat my dried-out skin with a bit of water from my bedside water bottle. If I don't, it almost hurts to yawn. Seriously. Actually, I sometimes even hydrate my face on my nighttime jogs to the bathroom. 

The summer weather here is much more humid and awesome for the skin. Winter though is incredibly parching. 

This stuff is pretty much a friend to my entire face and neck. I have already put some in a little tube for use on my lips.


Anyway, I wanted to share a short take on this oil. It's going to be my best friend first thing in the morning and last thing at night. If I ever try another brand (doubtful), I will come back and compare.

Peace

--Free