Translate this blog....

Friday, January 22, 2021

**REVIEW** Tangle Teezer Thick & Curly Detangling Hairbrush

 Listen. If you have kinky-curly-nappy-knotty-whatever hair, you need this in your life. 


I have tried a Denman brush, a flexible vent brush, and a couple other brushes to help with tangling and snagging. The Denman brush works better for smoothing in some curls and waves. The vent brush is what I have been using for detangling and, until now, it was my favorite. Until now.

This Tangle Teezer surprised the crap out of me. For one thing, I almost canceled the order right after I bought it. I thought about the price ($12+ with tax), for something that looked so small, then I saw that it wasn't due to be delivered until the 2nd week of February (I ordered it on January 18th and I am not a patient woman). While I was putting in the cancellation, I got the notice that the item had shipped. Okay. So I decided that I could also return it if I was disappointed.

The Teezer turned out not to be as small as it seemed from the Amazon photos. It's just about the size of my computer mouse and is even shaped to be palmed just like the mouse. It's more comfortable to hold than brushes with handles. The shape also helps in how you use the brush to detangle from ends to root.

Now, back to where I started this post...

I have some of the kinkiest, knottiest, 4C hair that there is. It's great when it's been moisturized and styled but, chile, right after washing, this stuff is a job. In other words, I usually have to fight to get to the point of not ripping out at least some of my hair on wash day. Or any day when my hair is dried out. Wash days can be a nightmare. I am not ashamed to admit that I have put off washing my hair for a day or two just because I could not deal with the detangling struggles. Ugh!

But not with the Teezer.

I am shocked that this works so well because the bristles seem a bit fragile when I run my fingers across them. They are not silicone-soft but they are not stiff and unyielding. Yet, they manage to just sort of glide through the kinks and knots in my hair. I brushed my hair tonight before doing a co-wash. Then I brushed it after I washed it so that I could put up my twists. This is what the brush looks like.

 


This is what my vent brush looks like after I used it (pre-wash) to brush through one small section of hair. I wanted something to compare.



SO, yeah, I'm only mad that I never heard of this Tangle Teezer before. As soon as I realized how good it was at detangling, I went ahead and lightly trimmed my ends tonight. I want to see how good my hair looks without so much breakage in a couple of months.

There are some good videos online of ladies using the Tangle Teezer. I have one warning: Be very careful that you get the right Teezer for your type of hair. I read one review where a 4C chick was disappointed because she got the Teezer for a thinner, straighter type of hair. Now, excuse me, while I go tie up my twists for the night. I can wait to use this Teezer again.

Peace

--Free