Translate this blog....

Saturday, June 15, 2024

Dental Update #3

 Yesterday, I dared take a really good look at myself in the mirror. Before today, I would almost enter the bathroom sideways so I wouldn't accidentally catch a full glance. Silly woman.

My first thought as I studied myself was "I'll be a really cute little old(er) lady one day". That made me smile and, Lord have mercy, with that smile, I saw my mother looking back at me! When I was young and thin, I looked like my father. Now that I'm old and fa, uh, heavier, I look like Mama. Without my top teeth, I dang near am Mama!

When I got through laughing at this, I had to text my older brothers (they haven't seen me in person for a while) and share the humor. 

Bro 1 is quick to respond.

Funny man, Bro 1! 


We are so silly! I do love my entire family so much that I sometimes get overwhelmed with the joy. #WeAreFamily

Anyway. I know they will try to make me feel beautiful, teeth or no teeth. Hopefully, soon, with teeth!...

I'm pretty sure the last of the stitches is dissolving or something. They can't go away fast enough for me. When I get the other teeth removed, I am going to ask the dentist about some kind of gum guard or something to use while I eat. Just thinking about my tongue hitting those stitch strings takes my appetite. Shoot, if I really wanted to lose weight, all I'd have to do is get some long-term stitches in my mouth... Ugh! When I get the bottom teeth done, I'm going to ask the dentist if there is a way to cover them with wax or something - just long enough for me to eat.

Also, something weird is happening with my coffee. I can't seem to enjoy it for some reason. My little brother (Bro 3) thinks that will pass when I get my new teeth. All I know is, I had to make a Dalgona coffee today just to enjoy my java hit. Guess I'll be doing that for a while.

Finally, I went out in public for the first time. I had to go and get laundry quarters at the bank. I willed myself not to wear the mask but, as soon as the teller came to the counter, I put it on. Maybe when I get the rest of the teeth removed, I can be braver.

So, I'm up to 10 days with the first extractions. I'm eating a little better. I got some Bisto to liven up my potatoes. Between the potatoes and Cream of Wheat, I'm doing okay. I am going to whip up a veggie smoothie at some point. I know my body wants something green - maybe Spinach and Kale with some kind of sweet juice? ~shrug~

I will do another update soon. If I get really, really daring, I might put up a picture...

Peace
--Free