Translate this blog....

Monday, May 22, 2023

**TRIED IT** Pardon My Fro Detangler Leave in Conditioner

 Looks like there is a new player in the afro-curly hair game. The brand is Pardon My Fro and I got to try the Detangler Leave-In.

Right off, I can confidently say that I like this a lot better than Kinky Curly Knot Today (KCKT) - for many reasons but for one in particular. Let me just give the bullet point pros:

  • It detangles like crazy. I think this is because it immediately softened my hair and kind of "unstuck" the strands from each other. That sounds weird but it's the best I can describe.
  • While it softened my hair for the detangling, it didn't make it feel weak. (I've used another popular product that makes my hair feel too fragile until it dries). Keep in mind that, the softness lasted long enough for detangling. A couple hours later, the softness faded but my hair didn't go back to bone-dry.
  • The texture of the product really did help. My hair seemed to drink it up and relax just long enough for me to detangle. The moisture didn't evaporate while I was detangling so I didn't have to keep spraying my hair with water or reapplying more product. I was able to get all my hair detangled with a couple of pumps for each quarter section. That's impressive.
  • While I was applying this to sections by smoothing it with my fingers from root to tip, my curls just started plumping. This allowed me to sort of shape and define the curls as I was detangling. I usually do twists for overnight but, if I needed to, this would be good for leaving the house with some definition.
  •  I sleep with a satin cap that can scrunch & squashes my curls. After using this to detangle my hair after a wash, for the next few mornings, all I have to do is spritz with water to revive the effect so that I can finger-style my hair without losing a lot of strands. This gets me through wash week.
This stuff has a lot going for it. And the big reason I prefer it to Kinky Curly Knot Today? This costs under $15 for a 12-ounce pump jar. The last 8-ounce bottle of KCKT I bought cost me $16 ($17 with tax).

Now, once this has completely dried, it doesn't leave behind a lot of softness (at least, not in my hair). It did leave my hair feeling strong and conditioned but I followed it up with my usual softeners and sealing products. This leave-in does exactly what it claims on the front of the jar: Detangles, Conditions, Protects. 

In my opinion, this works so much better than KCKT because the moisture doesn't evaporate so fast. I was able to use less to do my entire head. I will repeat that this left my hair feeling more conditioned and stronger than when I use KCNT. I'm glad that there is something to give the big-name products a run for their money.

I got this one free for a promotion and I was looking around online at other products in the line. So far, the only one I'm really itching to try is the Hair Milk. I'm a little bit interested in trying the Curl Enhancing Cream but... I've never had great lunch with such products. My curls are more of a freestyle type. I don't generally like doing twists. Mainly, I just like to smooth a conditioning product on to let the curls do their own thing.

One tip: The official website prices are higher than those that I found on Walmart. Do with that what you will.

Peace
--Free

DISCLAIMER: While I did get this product gratis for a review, it was NOT in exchange for writing this review post. I just wanted to spread the word because I really do like this one.