Skip to main content

Grown, Strong, Cute & Sexy

Grown:

  • Not always responding in anger even when you might have a right or reason to, even if it makes you look weak, ass-kissing or embarrassed.
  • Saying "ma'am" and "sir" to someone above you in age, rank, title or experience.
  • Saying "please" and "thank you" even to people who don't have the sense to do the same.
  • Speaking to those present when you enter a room even when they are too rude to speak back.
  • Not taking offense when elderly people do or say something fairly harmless that seems to be a throwback of the past. It's not "throwback" to them, it's their life and times.
  • Never taking simple kindness for granted.
  • Knowing that it often takes more maturity to follow than it does to lead; to listen than to speak.
  • Knowing the difference between listening and hearing.
  • Being able to take criticism in the spirit in which it is given.
  • Not thinking that everyone's main goal in life should be to end up as a "baller" or "shot-caller".
  • Learning to forgive, even though you don't have to forget or condone something.
  • Not cussing at will and random, no matter who's around, just because you know some really good cuss words.
  • Not acting like an ass if you don't want to be treated like one.
  • Not walking the walk and talking the talk of a hoodlum and then being offended when people assume you are a hoodlum.
  • Ditto for whore, bitch, "gangsta", or dumbass.

Strong:

  • A strong man knows how to be gentle.
  • A strong woman doesn't have to be loud to get her point across.
  • A strong man won't hit a woman just to prove he can or will.
  • A strong person knows that it sometimes takes more strength to walk away from a fight than it does to throw a punch.
  • If you are going to "settle" something with violence, throwing punches takes more skill and wit than pulling a gun.
  • Packing a gun doesn't make you strong, it just makes you armed.
  • Controlling someone with fear is a form of cowardice.
  • Strong is a lifestyle, not a shape, size or personality.
  • It takes more strength to work through problems than it does to work around them.
  • It takes more strength to put aside differences than it does to perpetuate them
Cute:
  • Cute is a child who can recite the alphabet, the multiplication tables or reads learns poetry and prayers. 
  • Cute is a child who has good manners.
  • Cute is not the kid who can sing or dance to the latest Katy Perry or Jay Z song when they haven't yet learned to wipe their behinds correctly.
  • Cute us not the kid carrying the latest cell phone when they don't understand that money was not created just for their joy and comfort.
  • Cute is someone who understands they are wonderfully and awesomely formed no matter what their shape, size or color.
  • Brains without sense is not cute.
  • Brawn without character is not cute.
  • A jerk of a person with all the boobs, muscles, money or status in the world is no cuter than a decorated piece of wood is a cake.
Sexy:
  • Sexy is not your hair, height, bra size or whatever you may be packing in your pants.
  • Sexy can't be bought, taught, worn or given away.
  • Sexy is whatever it needs to be to whoever finds whatever it is sexy.
  • Your sexy might not be my sexy, but it's still sexy.
  • Sexy is not defined by how "pretty", thin, tall, curvy or rich you might be.
  • Sexy is tricky until you find your own.
  • Once you get it, sexy has no expiration date.
I'm almost there, but I will always be working on being grown, strong, cute and sexy.

Peace
--Free

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

**REVIEW** Africa's Best Hair Mayonnaise

My hair is pretty happy right now. Between the shampoo and conditioner that I am so in love with and this new leave-in, I feel as if I'm wearing someone else's hair. Someone else with soft, moisturized and nourished hair.

I'm a little bit ticked off. Here, I've been using all kinds of pricier potions, lotions, curl butters and creams and this four dollar and sixty-four cent product is sitting right there on the shelf. I had noticed it before but passed on trying it. I've tried other "hair mayos" and they just coated my hair with a greasy, messy slime that I couldn't wait to rinse out. Not this stuff.


I'm too freaking tired to try doing a selfie - plus the light is horrible right now - but, I'll try to describe what my hair feels like. It's soft and moist without being wet (get Prince off your brains!). I can touch my hair and not leave prints on paperwork. It's just a perfect leave-in follow-up for my new shampoo and conditioner duo. I…

The Devil Is A Liar!

That's a saying from the old folks in the church. You know, something gets on your nerves, or someone does something they ought to be ashamed of, and old Sister Hattie would proclaim, "The Devil is a liar!" ***

My mother, though, was one of those people who didn't believe in blaming everything on the Devil. She'd remind me when something didn't go the way I'd planned, the Devil had nothing to do with it. "That was you being hard-headed," she'd tell me. "Hard head makes a soft behind." Then I'd get a lecture about using more common sense when making important decisions. Once, when I got my first credit card, I bought some kind of expensive purse. Just had to have it. Couldn't live without it. It had cute initials on it and "everybody" who was "anybody" had one. Mama watched me loading all my stuff into the purse and said, "Got everything in there but money, don't ya?" About a month or two lat…

**REVIEW** Dr Miller Miracle Tea (part 2 of 3) *UPDATED

(Part One of this review is found here.)

UPDATE TO THE REVIEW WHY I NIXED THE TEA
Final Update (Hah!) *I have been granted a refund by Amazon. I think I have to print a shipping label for return, but I'm not sure because I got 2 separate emails from them. One said that my refund would be processed upon a scan of the return label, and the other indicated that they have already processed my refund. I will be checking with them for clarification. At any rate, it's cool to know that Amazon has a customer's back in cases like this. Thank you, Amazon!

Also, I have to mention that the Seller of the Miracle Tea also reached out to check on my satisfaction with the product. I'm waiting to hear further. I will upgrade my Amazon review by a star just because they at least are making an decent customer service effort.


So, I tried the tea yesterday for the first time and I'm not even going to continue with it. At least not on the 3-day schedule I initially intended.

Like I mention…