As I was writing out my list for my next shopping trip, I found last month's list. And made myself giggle.
This is last month's list (with its notes):
- Granola (organic, bulk)
- Grapes (for the hydration and late-night snacks)
- Berries - raspberry, strawberry, blackberry. (If on sale. For my smoothies. This month is going to be smoothie month.)
- Prune juice (to make prune pops & to add to smoothies)
- Cereal (the usual: Honey Bunches, Quaker Squares. When I'm tired of grapes & instead of chocolate.
- Only one jar of Vanilla Caramel Creamer. (Gotta cut back on the coffee!)
Okay. I pretty much stuck to the shopping list, but what I did with the items is a whole other story.
I made cookies with the granola and ate the whole pound of grapes during a Netflix night marathon of "Nightmare Next Door". (Gave myself a serious case of "bathroom runs" and made a solemn vow to stay away from the prune juice for a week.
I did use the berries for smoothies. Mostly. Then, since I had no grapes left for snacking, I finished off the berries - all of them - in two days.
The creamer lasted all of three and half days. (Did you know that vanilla caramel creamer is yummy in vanilla chai tea?)
I ate cereal a few times, but I was still pretty cleaned out by the grapes and I heard that the cereal might have the same effect. I still have most of both boxes left over.
Besides the laxative effects grapes have on a grape glutton, I learned that it's very easy to justify making a store run for just one chocolate bar to go with the last of the peanut butter in a jar. I also learned that I really don't like organic, plain granola unless it's in a cookie.
This month's list looks like this so far:
- Grapes (but just half a pound this time)
- Just two jars of Vanilla Caramel creamer.
- Apple juice to blend with the prune juice (just in case I get around to making those pops)
- Two chocolate bars (to save myself the gas money of midnight store runs)
- Some more of that delicious vanilla chai tea (because I'm still cutting back on coffee!)
- Some frozen yogurt (to go with the berries I get on sale)
I should just start shopping meal-by-meal. The way I'm going now, I'm just feeding my fickle belly.