Translate this blog....

Thursday, April 26, 2012

Us & Our Purses...

I tend to step into & out of G+ like an alternate universe I visit (sometimes voluntarily, sometimes just pulled by the site's centrifugal force), but I usually have a decent reason for posting over there.


This is a post just made for the folks in the Plussiverse. 


First, to the ladies: Shespeaks.com (which I have told you all about time & time again...) is working with Pinterest.com in a giveaway. 1st prize - Kindle Fire. 2nd prize - a GoGo Squeeze. (I'm not gonna lie; I want the Kindle & don't know or care enough to Google what a GoGo Squeeze is. Maybe later I will look it up, but I am on fire - get it - for that Kindle.) 


**NOTE: After I started this post, I checked on the SheSpeaks site & discovered that you can be without a Pinterest account & still enter, but... (get ready to be pissed)... you have to log into FaceBook to alert SheSpeaks to your Pinterest vid or pics and share the links. Umm... NO! No freaking way am I dealing with that demon-site of FB. Don't know if it will work, but I sent my board link to SheSpeaks via their own site. So, looks like I'm out, but I sure hope that one of you gets lucky!**


The deal is that you make a video or a "board" of the contents of your purse. Cool, right? So get over there and go for it. I'll be happy for anyone who wins unless it's some rich chick who can easily afford buying the Kindle. 


Now, to the rest of you, I want to say that it was a bit interesting to even think about opening my purse for such public viewing. Kind of fun-interesting, weird-interesting and a little bit why-interesting. Just the kind of strange thing that made me want to go further. (Understand something: I am of limited entertainment currently & just a few hours ago I was having fun - I mean, BIG fun - teasing Kita Kat with a laser light. If I don't get out of this house and find other things to do, I will be playing with Baby D.J.'s toys...)


A-n-y-way...


What I got to thinking about is why not show something of myself. Maybe because I am too shy to be any other type of exhibitionist, this is a Trudy-way to have some innocent fun. Whatever. 


So, I have a photo tour of my current purse that I am going to share here. Doing the pics for that was such a boredom-buster, that I added a couple more items to show.


Depends on exactly how bored you guys are now. Will you be looking?
*
*
First - this is the purse I was carrying when I did the Purse Peek

This is the purse I need to carry at all times:
...And one of the BFFs knew this because she gifted me this bag after watching me try to cram my life into purses that looked like this:
... Which is yet another gift. Do ya notice that I have friends who are not only just amazing people, but also have great taste & an amazing generosity? My friends family & I all believe in sharing & giving very openly. Because I love those guys, I have not resorted to hocking the Coach or Prada. No ma'am. I'll be on the street looking a hot, broke-ass mess before I do that. Those were given with love.

Now - like I said, I've been carrying the purse at the top. That is about to change fast. I didn't realize how much crap I had crammed in there until I did this Peek thing. Let me tell you, I'm going to be pulling out this one:

And tho I'm not crazy about the strap length, here's why it's gonna be in service soon:
Laser used to drive Kita Kat crazy
Has lasted 5yrs. Must stretch to last!!
$0.99 gloss bought in TX. Stretching this to last
One of my fave scents. 1yr old w/added sunscreen!







This pitiful, empty thing here...
Yeah. Tossing this bottom-of-the-purse ickiness!
 
I don't even use reg sugar - only brown or raw

Very essential for ideas & crap I have to note for memory





Lifesaver! AZ taught me SO well!
I add this to almost every cream I own.
                                           

      Why??? I have the other Mead planner.       
                         This is cuter tho                                     Eyedrops. MUST-have                                             The back-up to the patches: Nico gum





What is wrong with me? Why do I need all this stuff? I do need it, though. All of it. Matter of fact, I just now thought of a couple things I better add...


Peace
--Free