Now that I have been using Tomoson, I can give you some more info from a blogger p.o.v.:
- Applying to review a product is super easy. Basically, you browse through the promotions available. You can even do a category view:
- The more social reach you have - by platform (ex: Facebook, Twitter, etc.), and sometimes based on how strong your reach is (ex: Google blog rank) - the more product choices you have. However, I am happy to say that some promos are open to almost anyone. (I'm still building my Facebook reach, dangit!)
- The variety of products is fantastic. There are toys and books and even furniture. Yep.
- The process from applying, being approved, to receiving the product, has been lightening fast so far.
- You get to communicate directly with the supplier via a message system.
- You get to rate not only the product, but also the business.
- Your (as a reviewer) are rated. Your ratings are based on your reach, authority and engagement. It's nice to watch your score rise, in a Klout-like way.
- You can view your status for every promo you've applied for. Also, the messages between you and the businesses are saved. You can sort the messages various ways as you follow-through a promotion.
- If you're like me and need to organize things to keep information straight, every promotion is tagged with an ID#. You can sort your reviews by application date, title, status, and so on.
- You will appreciate the sorting system because, once again, if you're like me, you're going to be trying a lot of products.
- It's fun and easy and more productive than just reading about some new product.
- You get a "due date" for each review which helps keep you on track.
- You can be honest!
I have not had any negative experiences with the process so far. Right this moment, of 14 promotions I've applied to, I have been approved for 5 (and pre-approved/accepted for the others), and I've received and started reviewing 2 of them. (You might have seen part one of the 3-part review I'm doing for Nature's Best Vitamin C Serum from Mystelic.)
I just started applying for products on May 5 and I've already got a steady list of reviews to do.
I really can't think of any negatives about this site. Okay, maybe having a a personal calendar for each user would be nice, but... I made my own!
If you are already doing reviews, or like sharing information with your blog readers or social network groups, I think Tomoson's is actually better than other Word of Mouth sites. I still love my BzzAgent and SheSpeaks, but they don't have nearly as many campaigns available. With Tomoson, you are pretty much only limited by yourself.
(I'm going to have to ask one of the businesses how they like Tomoson. If I get information, I'll post, so watch this space!)