Translate this blog....

Friday, May 04, 2012

You Ever Been Hungry?

Um, yeah...

So, I've told you guys about the Live Below the Line campaign. Have I told you what I did when I realized that I'm going to be eating off a $1.50 a day for a week?

(yeah... it's gonna be a visual)



What the Boogie Woogie Bugle Boy Have I DONE???




But it's all good.

See, I look at it this way:

I have a big fat butt right now.

**and gut and thighs and back-fat**

There are hungry people out there right now.

Some of those hungry people are precious babies.

Nobody deserves to be hungry. 

And even if they do, I don't care. I don't want anyone to be hungry.

**You know how cranky my Prednisone-fueled behind gets when I miss a meal**

I can't do a damn thing about the problem with money I don't have.

I can do a damn thing about it with some prayer & getting involved.

**and guilt-tripping every fat, Whopper-munching, Olive Garden grazing person I know**

You can do something too.

And if you don't do something, then, dangit, you oughta be ashamed the next time you sit down to a big old, nasty-can-on-the-back-of-your-stove fried-meat-grease-cooked meal.

If you eat Chittlins - I hope you smell like them for days...

If you eat a pork chop, I hope you fart diesel fumes for a whole week...

If you burp out a scent of French Fry, I hope you taste Castor Oil instead...

Unless ...

You have a heart & do something, anything - just for one day...

to stop this kind of mess...





There is no place in the world for that kind of mess when we can spend money on fake hair, fake nails, fake boobs & butts, fake eye color... For a fraction of what we spend on that false b.s., we can feed a real human being.

If you can't do one little something for one damn day, don't ever talk to me about someone beating a kid, hitting their wife or doing some dirty business on the job. Don't even tell me about how you care. I will call you on it. Just miss me with all your talk until you at least act like you want to walk.

Seriously.

I don't care if you don't like somebody because they are white, black, indian, asian, fat, skinny, rich, gay, Christian, Muslim, Atheist, Republican, Democrat, Male, Female, American, Middle Eastern....... This is not about us liking each other. This is not about how we are different. This is all about how we are PEOPLE. Above the animals. Intelligent enough to make stuff happen.

We are all human. These babies are all our babies. They are somebody's babies.

I'm a cold-blooded, not-very-good-Christian, selfish, mad freaking black woman without a damn diary. Even I can't do anything but want to cry when I think about these babies & their defeated, struggling mothers and fathers.

You can't be that bad.

**If you are, I really don't want to know you. I'm trying to hang with a better class of people**

Right?

Plus:

I am going to be giving up some freaking FOOD for a week!!! You better help me out before I get mad. You won't like me when I get mad.


Peace
--Free
(and hungry, don't forget hungry...)